As the financial market is getting more volatile these days,
enterprise risk management becomes an essential
component of big corporations. To furnish the demand for
personnel of this profession. The BSc (Hons) Actuarial
Science & Finance was developed. The objective of this
programme is to produce graduate competent in knowledge
and skills for financial investment management, assets
valuation and risk management for various financial assets
such as equities, bond, FOREX, commodities and derivatives.
The programme exposes students to both theoretical and
practical approaches to investment analysis, security
analysis, and portfolio and risk management. In addition,
the programme also provides comprehensive study of
money markets, financial instruments, financial planning,
banking and corporate financial management, the essential
working knowledge for executives in the financial industry.
The assessment includes a combination of examinations, projects and assignments, and finally a requirement to complete a Financial Research Project in the final year. Students will acquire up-to-date vocational skills that are relevant and competitive. This reflects the complex and challenging nature of the accounting, finance and business realms.
Why Choose this Programme?
- First University in Malaysia offering this programme (Combining Actuarial Science and Finance)
- Students have the option to choose the major (Pure Actuarial Science or Actuarial Science and Finance after year 1 as Year 1 course for both programmes are identical)
- The student can choose either the Actuary Professional Qualification or Finance Professional Qualification (i.e. SOA / CFA)
- More career options for the student when they enter into the job market
- Higher demand by employers as the students are equipped with Actuary Skills and Financial Knowledge.
This programme prepares students for exciting careers in the corporate sector, insurance sectors, risk management, financial industry, government agencies, and for graduate studies in finance and investment. Examples of career options include:
- Risk manager
- Investment Analyst
- Credit Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Fund Manager
- Credit Analyst
- Financial Planner
- Investment Broker
- Investment Banker
- Financial Trader
- Mathematics 1
- Managerial Accounting
- Financial Management 1
- Mathematics 2
- Applied Probability
- Applied Statistical Models
- Mathematics of Interest Rates
- Business Accounting
- Financial Markets & Inst.
- Business Communications
- University Life (MPU-U2)
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 1 (MPU-U4)
- Co-operative Placement 1
- Introduction to Stochastic Process
- Equity Analysis
- Mathematics of Financial Derivatives
- Loss Models
- Treasury Management
- Stat. Simulation for Fin. Modelling
- Financial Management 2
- Business Modeling with Spreadsheet
- Financial Statement & Analysis
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
- Business Law- Malaysian Perspective (MPU-U3)
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 2 (MPU-U4)
- Co-operative Placement 2
- Stochastic Calculus for Ins. & Fin.
- Credibility Theory
- Actuarial Practices
- Independent Project 1
- Independent Project 2
- Investment Analysis
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 3 (MPU-U4)
- Co-operative Placement 3
- Life Contingencies I
- Introduction to Islamic Banking and Fin.
- Corporate Finance
- Life Contingencies 2
- Multinational Finance
- Islamic Fin. Market & Inst.
General Courses (MPU) are compulsory for all students.
– For Malaysian students:
- Ethnic Relations
- Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
– For foreign students:
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 3
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.