Teaching VS Praxis Philosophy
Our teaching revolves around the work-based learning (WBL) curriculum that addresses all aspects of the hospitality and tourism business operations. And through our Praxis approach, students experience hands-on learning with our industry partners in the relevant skills. With the combination of WBL and our Praxis approach, graduates will master the fundamentals and advancements of operations and administration of hotels, restaurants, travel agencies and tour operators, events and management consulting companies, and tourist destinations, to name a few.
- Are designed for individuals who have the desire to interact with people around the globe.
- Enable students to learn how to learn.
- Provide balanced knowledge of management theories and hands-on learning experiences.
- Equip students with the skills to manage operations, evaluate logistics, oversee the conditions of the market, and make calculated decisions.
- Focus on multi-cultural connections to promote success in the field.
The Faculty is housed at one of Malaysia's foremost private universities. Its presence in Kuala Lumpur and Kuching sees it providing diverse learning experiences few other schools can.
World Class Facilities
The Faculty goes to great lengths to provide cutting-edge facilities that spur the learning process.
95% of our students secure a job within 3 to 6 months after their graduation. This is because by the time of graduation, our students:
- Le Quadri Hotel (Kuala Lumpur)
- UCSI Hotel (Sarawak)
- Le Quad Restaurants (Kuala Lumpur & Sarawak)
- NCR Travel Agency
- Training Kitchens (Western Cuisine & Oriental Cuisine)
- Pastry Kitchen (Training & Commercial)
- Mock-up Hotel Rooms & Reservation Desks
- Library & Modern Classrooms that Promote Interactive and Blended Learning
Global Career Opportunities
- Have completed two to three times higher industry-placed learning (hours of work) compared to conventional training programmes, earning significant employer evaluation scores.
- Have experienced the culture of working in a team in which they were exposed to the relevant skills of evaluating hospitality and tourism enterprise operations, presenting findings and proposing improvements with contemporary models of best management practices.
- Have discovered and solved reality-based problems in actual business environments.
- Have acquired critical-thinking and decision-making attitude and appreciation of how different cultures may affect the running of a hospitality and tourism business. This is achieved ideally through work-based learning, study trips, and/or our Unique Learning Opportunities programmes.
- Have obtained teamwork and leadership skills through live projects, social and cultural activities, and community outreach, to name a few.
At UCSI University's Faculty of Hospitality and Tourism Management, students are equipped with solid foundations for a global career. With the qualities and drive you gain at UCSI, promising careers await you in:
Get Set To Go Places
- Luxury Hotels and Resorts Management Enterprises
- High-End Service Restaurants, Catering and Commercial Food Service Enterprises
- World Class Airlines, Cruise Lines and Other Transportation Enterprises
- Global Travel Agencies and Tour Operators and Consulting Firms
- Business Meetings and Event Planning Enterprises
- World Class Convention and Exhibition Centres
- High-End Leisure, Recreation, Theme Parks, Sports and Management Enterprises
- Luxury Clubs and Casinos Enterprises
- Luxury Spa and Wellness Management Enterprises
- Worldwide Entertainment, Concerts and Theatre Enterprises
- Worldwide Museums and Other Cultural Venues
- Worldwide Real Estates, Hotel Designs and Development, Technology, Manufacturers and Suppliers
- Destinations and Attractions Management Associations
- Environment and Cultural Tourism Development Associations
- Ministries of Tourism, Culture and Conservation
We sustain strong linkages with many of the world's leading hotel chains. Through this, we provide our students with the opportunities to experience their internship at:
And many more.
- Niseko Central, Japan
- Millennium Hotel & Group, New Zealand
- Galaxy Hotel, Macau
- Marina Bay Sands, Singapore
- Concorde Hotel (KL), Malaysia
- Hilton Hotel (KL & Kuching), Malaysia
- Shangri-La Hotel (KL & Penang), Malaysia
- Hard Rock (Penang), Malaysia
- Legoland (Johor Bahru), Malaysia
- Tanjung Rhu Resort (Langkawi), Malaysia
Unique Learning Opportunities:
The Faculty offers intensive cultural exchange and student mobility programmes in collaboration with partner institutions, open to university students from around the world.
Summer Programme Malaysia
Student Mobility Programme
You will have the opportunity to enrol and study at the Faculty for one semester up to one year. Some courses will necessitate industrial placements to be completed. Social and cultural programmes are organised to complement the learning experience along with field trips and industry visits. Upon completion of the course, you will receive a transcript and credits may be awarded to your programme of study at your home institution.
Study Tour Abroad
Cultural Exchange Programme
The programme offers many diverse opportunities for students to travel the world. As an alternative to education, this programme also enables you to visit multiple countries and enjoy unique educational experiences outside the classrooms through our curriculum that involves several field trips and industry visits.
Study Tour Malaysia
Experiential Learning Programme
Experiential learning is the process of learning through experience and is more specifically defined as learning through reflection on doing. The Faculty provides several experiential learning opportunities to students outside the classroom as part of our curriculum in organising field trips and industry visits.
Field Trips: Visit museums, archaeology sites, historical places, national and theme parks, farms, bakeries, factories, etc.
Industry Visits: Visit restaurants, hotels, convention centres, ministries, government offices, NGO etc.
*these programmes are available for both diploma and degree students