1. How do I apply for library membership?
Please proceed to circulation counter to fill up the Library Membership Form.
2. How many books can I borrow with my Student ID card?
The loan privileges are different for the various categories of membership. Please click here
3. What is barrier gate?
It is a computerized card access control system used by UCSI University Library to improve security by ensuring that only authorized users are allowed to enter the library. Staff/ Student ID cards are used to authenticate and gain access into the library via the barrier gate.
4. When is the operating hours for library?
As the opening hours may vary from time to time, please check the Library Website or library notice boards for further details. Any revision of hours for holidays will be announced through these channels. Please click here
5. How to book a Discussion Room?
UCSI University staff or student who wants to place bookings for a discussion room are allowed to place on the same-day or walk-in request depends on the availability of the rooms. Please proceed to circulation counter to fill up Discussion Room Booking Form.
6. What is Self-Check Machine?
Self-check machine enables you to do the borrowing of library books by yourself. This is to avoid lineups at the circulation counter.
7. What is Book-Drop Machine?
Book-drop machine enables you to return library books anytime. It operates 24 hours daily.
8. How can I locate a book?
You may use our OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) to search and locate books in the library. Please click here
9. How do I renew online?
You need to log in to your library account via e-OPAC. Please click here
10. How many times can I renew online?
For all library items can be renewed for two times however to renew online can be done once only.
11. What happens if my loan is overdue?
When books on loan are not returned by the due date, fines of 50 cent per item per day are imposed after the due date of the book.
12. How do I check my fines?
You may proceed to Circulation Counter and ask from the library staff or please log in to your library account via e-OPAC. Please click here
13. How do I pay my fines?
You can pay your fines by cash at the Circulation Counter.
14. How do I report the loss, damage or theft of my library book?
You can report your loss or theft to the Circulation Counter. Please note the following conditions:
- On the date the report is made, user will be given two weeks time to search for the book.
- If the lost book is already overdue on the date it was reported lost, the calculation for overdue fines will stop on the report date.
- After the two weeks period is over and the book still not found, the user has to replace the book or make full payment of the cost of the book. In addition to that, the user also needs to pay overdue fines accruing to the book, i.e. fines from the due date to the date reported lost. Please note that loss of a book through theft does not absolve you from payment for the loss.
15. I have damaged a library book, what should I do?
Please report the damage to the library staff at Circulation Counter when returning the book to the library. Library staff will survey the extent of the damage to ascertain whether you need to pay for the damage.
16. How can I learn more about searching the online databases?
You can seek assistance from librarian or you may attend Information Skills classes conduct by the Library.
17. How do I get into the online databases from home?
Some of the databases have been subscribed by the Library are accessible from outside the campus. To get the username and password, you may log in to your IIS (Integrated Information Systems) account and go to library page.
18. Where can I buy the access code for the photocopy services?
Please proceed to Circulation Counter to buy the access code from the library staff.
19. What is an Interlibrary Loan (ILL)?
Interlibrary Loan or as it is known as Document Delivery Services, are requests for materials not available in UCSI University Library. If Library does not own a book or journal from which an article is required by a user, our DDS unit can get it for you from another library.