> Rules & Regulations > Loan Rules
- Borrowers are to produce their Staff / Student ID Card when borrowing library materials.
- No books or library materials may be brought out of the library until the loan has
been recorded. Unauthorized removal of library materials is regarded as a very serious
- The normal loan period for a student is 1 week, 2 weeks for administrative staff,
and 1 semester for academic staff. However, the Library may ascribe varying loan
periods for different types of materials or users as it deems fit.
- Borrowers are prohibited from borrowing on behalf of other members.
- All borrowers must settle any overdue loans before they are permitted to re-borrow.
- Borrowed materials must be returned on or before the due date.
- Users are allowed to borrow library materials up to 10 minutes before the library
- All library materials brought out of the Library must be properly charged out or
action will be taken if caught.
- Lost / damaged materials should be reported at the Circulation Counter. A grace
period of 2 weeks will be given to borrowers to either search for or replace the
materials in question.
Books or any other library materials can be renewed twice before or on the due date.
A library user must present his/her ID Card when renewing. To do so, a user may
approach the Circulation Counter or renew it online through the OPAC service. However,
online renewals can only be done once. There will be no renewing of any overdue
books / library materials.
Lost and Damaged
Borrowers will be held accountable for materials out on loan. If a material is lost
or damaged, an immediate report should be made to the librarian on duty to enable
appropriate action to be taken. A borrower is allowed to either replace the material
by purchasing it, or to pay the total amount of book price plus its processing fees.