- Karnataka State Pharmacy Council, India, Registration Number: 28694
- National Centre for Smoking Cessation and Training, UK (NCSCT) - Registration Number: 41842
- Global Clinical Pharmacy Academy.
Evaluation of electronic cigarette dependency and retrospectively comparison with tobacco cigarettes dependency among Malaysian ex-smokers who shifted to vaping: a mixed approach.
Pioneer Scientist Incentive Fund (PSIF)
Evaluation of an intensive education program on the treatment of tobacco use disorders for pharmacist in Malaysia
Kulliyah of Pharmacy,
International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM), Malaysia
Smoking cessation practitioner views towards safety and effectiveness of electronic cigarettes in Klang Valley Malaysia: A Qualitative Study Approach
Evaluation of smoking prevalence, second-hand smoke exposure, attitudes of tobacco control and smoking cessation knowledge among pharmacy and medical students of ucsi university, Malaysia
PhD students (Current)
- Azizullah Ghouri
Master students (Current)
- Yeoh Wan Xuan
- Majory Mambali
Master students (Completed)
- Md Ali (2020)
- Rahman A, Mohamed, MHN, Jamshed, S and Mahmood Syed. The development and assessment of modified Fagerstrom test for nicotine dependence scale among Malaysian single electronic cigarette users. (Paper accepted, will publish in June 2020 Journal of Pharmacy and bio allied sciences).
- Subashini, Syed Mahmood and Azizur Rahman. A review on lipid- polymer hybrid nanoparticles and preparation with recent update. Postgraduate symposium on industrial science and technology 2019 (SISTEC 2019) 22-23 August 2019, Materials Science Forum; Scientific.Net.
- Mohamed, MHN, Rahman A, Jamshed, S and Mahmood Syed. Effectiveness and safety of electronic cigarettes among sole and dual user vapers in Kuantan and Pekan, Malaysia: A six-month observational study BMC public health (2018) 18: 1028. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-018-5951-2 (ISI IF 2.4 and Scopus indexed)
- Nik Mohamed MH, Rahman A, S Jamshed. Long-term effectiveness, safety, perception, satisfaction and cost of electronic cigarette among single and dual users in Malaysia. Tobacco Induced Diseases. 2018;16 (Suppl 1): A313. (ISI IF 2.092 and Scopus indexed)
- Rahman A, Nik Mohamed MH, Mahmood Syed. Nicotine estimations in electronic cigarette e-liquids among Malaysian marketed samples: Analytical chemistry letters, 2018; Vol 8 (1): PP 54-62.
- Nik Mohamed, Jamal Ab Rahman, Samsul aman, Mira Kartiwi, Norny Syafinaz Ab Rahman, Rahman A, Syed Mahmood, Shazia Jamshed. Mislabelling of nicotine content in electronic cigarette liquids in Malaysia: implications on public health. The medical journal of Malaysia vol. 72 supp 1 august 2017 (Scopus Indexed).
- Rahman A, Nik Mohamed MH, Jamshed S. Evaluating effectiveness and safety towards electronic cigarette among Malaysian vapers: one-month observational study: Archives of Pharmacy Practice. 2016; volume 7: PP: 43- 53 (ISI and Scopus indexed)
- Nik Mohamed MH, Samsul D, Jamalludin AR, Mira K, Norny Syafinaz AR, Rahman A. National E-cigarette survey (NECS) 2016: Prevalence, Pattern and perception regarding E-cigarette and vape use among Malaysian Adults: Chapter 5: Nicotine Analysis. A Report Published by IIUM with collaboration with Institute of Public Health, Ministry of Health Malaysia.
- Rahman A, Nik Mohamed MH, Jamshed S. Safety and effectiveness of electronic cigarette as vapers perspective: A qualitative approach. International Medical Journal, Vol.22, No.5, PP.1-5, October 2015. (Scopus Indexed)
- Rahman A, Nik Mohamed MH, Jamshed S. Safety and Effectiveness of Electronic Cigarettes: A Narrative Review. International Medical Journal, Vol.22, No.3, PP.122-131, June 2015. (Scopus Indexed)
- Sayyed Mateen, Mohib Khan, N. Devanna, M. Farooque, Javed Akhtar Ansari, Rahman A. potential antiparkinsonian and antidepressant effects of methanolic extract of swertia chirata and hemidesmus indicus in wistar rats. European Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences. EJBPS, 2016, Volume 3, Issue 3, 470-479.
- Nik Mohamed MH, Rahman A, S Jamshed. Long-term effectiveness, safety, perception, satisfaction and cost of electronic cigarette among single and dual users in Malaysia. Tobacco Induced Diseases. 2018;16 (Suppl 1): A313.
- Mislabelling of nicotine content in electronic cigarette liquids in Malaysia: Implications on public health. 5th Asia Pacific Conference on Public Health: Realizing the Sustainable Development Goals Aspirations on Health. Riverside Majestic Hotel, Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia, 10-13 September 2017.
- Three-minute thesis competition. 23rd March 2017. Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, International Islamic university of Malaysia
- 9th National Pharmacy R & D Conference. Cross-disciplinary research: Fostering Holistic Healthcare, 8-10th August 2016: Venue Everly Hotel, Putrajaya, Malaysia. Evaluating Perceived effectiveness and safety towards electronic cigarette among Malaysian Vapers
- Recent advances in drug development & Pharma therapeutic approaches for diabetes & other metabolic disorders” held at Hyderabad, on the 24th February 2013 Telangana, India and Won Third prize. Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VGEF-B) Blocking in the Type II Diabetes; A futuristic approach.
- Recent advances in drug development & Pharma therapeutic approaches for diabetes & other metabolic disorders held at Hyderabad on the 24 February 2013. Telangana, India. Initial Preventive Measures of Cardiovascular Diseases in People with Diabetes Mellitus.
- Preparing pharmacist for the global challenges & emerging opportunities in clinical research & NDDS, on the 23rd March 2012 held in Hyderabad. Telangana. India. Role of statins in Osteoporosis
- Quality Improvement of Infection Control Programs in Health Care Facilities. Alnoor Specialist Hospital Holy Makkah, Saudi Arabia. 30th October 2010.
- Scientific Research Design and Technology. Alnoor Specialist Hospital, 27th October 2010. Holy Makkah, Saudi Arabia.
- Updated Treatment of Diabetic Patients. Alnoor Specialist Hospital on the 30th March 2010. Holy Makkah, Saudi Arabia.
- International Day for ‘Tuberculosis”. Alnoor Specialist Hospital Holy Makkah, on the 27th March 2010. Saudi Arabia.
- 4th Makkah International Orthopedic and Trauma Conference. Makkah Grand Coral Hotel in Holy Makkah on the 24th January 2009. Saudi Arabia.
- Second Makkah International Osteoporosis Conference 2009. Al shohada Hotel, Holy Makkah. 14-16th April 2009. Saudi Arabia.
- Swine Flu(A/H1N1). King Abdullah Medical City, Holy Makkah on the 7th November 2009. Saudi Arabia.
- Recent Dental Treatment Modalities. Alnoor specialist Hospital Holy Makkah, on the 28th September 2009. Saudi Arabia.
- World Day of Osteoporosis with the theme “Stand Tall Speak Out for Your Bones. Makkah Grand Coral Hotel in Holy Makkah on the 20th October 2008. Saudi Arabia.
- Breast Cancer. Alnoor Specialist Hospital Holy Makkah, on the 8th April 2008. Saudi Arabia.
- 10th K.F. A.F.H. International cardiac symposium 2008, Advances in Cardiovascular Diseases. King Fahad Armed Forces Hospital Jeddah on the 19-20th March 2008. Saudi Arabia.
- Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis. Alnoor Specialist Hospital Holy Makkah, on the 5 th March 2007. Saudi Arabia.
- Journal of Pharmacy and Bio Allied Sciences
- Journal of Pharmacy Practice
- Best PhD student, College of pharmacy, International Islamic University of Malaysia (IIUM)-2017.
- Recipient of President Scholarship during the PhD program from IIUM (2014-15).
- Recipient of Ummatic Scholarship IIUM (2015-2016).
- Evaluation of an intensive education program on the treatment of tobacco use disorders for pharmacist in Malaysia