Cheong Ku Wing is a faculty member at the Institute of Music, UCSI University. With a special interest in music education and music pedagogy, Ku Wing has extensive experience in instrumental teaching and learning, working as a piano teacher and group class music teacher. As a music education researcher, Ku Wing’s research interests have been oriented to music education, music pedagogy, musical creativity and thinking skills, music entrepreneurship, early childhood education, happiness, well-being, and positive ageing.
ARTICLES IN ACADEMIC JOURNALS
- Yong, P., Cheong, K.W., & Poon, C.H. (2021). The effect of music listening and progressive muscle relaxation on the stress level of novice music teachers during Coronavirus Disease 2019 (Covid-19) in Malaysia, Harmonia: Journal of Arts Research and Education. 21(1), 91-104. (SCOPUS Cited Publication)
- Lee, S.P., Ooi, C.H.R., & Cheong, K.W. (2021). Bach and Busoni essentials in a chaotic world. Harmonia: Journal of Arts Research and Education. 21(1), 1-18. (SCOPUS Cited Publication)
- Yong Abdullah, F. P., Cheong, K. W., Alizadeh, F., & Poon, C. H. (2021). The role of instructional scaffolding to facilitate problem solving skills in music improvisation. MIER Journal of Educational Studies Trends & Practices, 11(1), 103-117. (WOS/SCOPUS Cited Publication)
- Wong LP, Alias H, Md Fuzi AA, Omar IS, Mohamad Nor A, Tan MP, et al. (2021) Escalating progression of mental health disorders during the COVID-19 pandemic: Evidence from a nationwide survey. PLOS ONE 16(3): e0248916. (ISI Cited Publication)
- Chen, Y. Y., Cheong, K.W., & Chua, Y.P. (2020). Influence of individual differences and developmental trajectories of children with autism on the outcomes of music and movement intervention. Journal of Special Needs Education
- Song, X, Wang, Q, Cheong, K.W., & Cheong, K.C. (2020). Astride tradition and modernity: Rizhao as China’s urban future? Malaysian Journal of Economic Studies, 57(1), 147-165. (SCOPUS Cited Publication)
- Koh, L., & Cheong, K.W. (2020). Parental involvement in music learning: A qualitative study from the perspectives of parents, music teachers, and music students in Tawau, Sabah. Malaysian Journal of Performing and Visual Arts, 6, 42-55.
- Wang, X., Cheong, K.W., & Lee, F. H. (2019). Music Analysis of Li Xiangjing's Nanyin Poetry and Painting. Malaysian Journal of Performing and Visual Arts, 5, 7-28.
- Cheong, K.W. (2018). Understanding the pull motivations of Malaysian women music teachers as music entrepreneurs. Malaysian Journal of Music, 7, 78-98 (WOS/SCOPUS Cited Publication)
- Tay, C. Y. E, & Cheong, K.W. (2017) The role of metaphor in the enhancement of musical expressivity in piano performance: A case study. Tirai Panggung, 13, 115-127
PUBLICATION IN PROCEEDDING 2019
- Chin, P. K., & Cheong, K.W. (2019). The entrepreneurial competencies and motivationof freelance jazz musicians in Klang Valley. Proceedings of the International Conference of Performing and Visual Arts, ICPVA, 2018, 76-81.
CHAPTER IN BOOK 2019
- Cheong, K.W. (2019). Teaching strategies, knowledge, higher-order thinking skills and creative musical product in music improvisation. In Y. Tsubonou, A. Tan, & M. Oie (Eds.), Creativity in the twenty first century: Creativity in music education (pp. 201-216). Springer.
- Malaysian Journal of Music (Editorial Board, 2019-2022)
- Persatuan Chopin Malaysia (Committee Member)