- Name of grant: FRGS
Project Title: PM2.5 Particulate Matter in Ambient Air and Associated Health Risks: A Comparative Study Between Indoor and Outdoor Workers
Duration: 4 years (2014 - 2018)
Role: Principal investigator
Current Research Project
- PM2.5 Particulate Matter in Ambient Air and Associated Health Risks: A Comparative Study Between Indoor and Outdoor Workers
- Suppiah TSS, Thavin KMS, Tan ESS, Lee CK, Normina AB, Tan CK. Acne Vulgaris and its’ Association with Dietary Intake: A Malaysian Perspective. Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 2018, 27(5): 1141-1145
- Evaluation of histopathological changes in idiopathic cutaneous hyperchromia at the orbital region
- AB Normina, T Noradhiah, CK Tan, YB Ho, MS Seghayat and ESS Tan. Consumption Pattern of Malay Herbal Medicines during Pregnancy and Postpartum among Malaysian Mothers. Proceedings, 2018, 2(12), 179
- Thavin KMS, Tan ESS, Cheah SC, Lim HS, Seghayat MS, Normina AB, Tan CK. Impact of air pollution on food intake among indoor and outdoor workers: a comparison. Malaysian Journal of Nutrition (supplement) 2017;23:S106
- Juzer A, Mustansir A, Lee CK, Tan CK, Tan ESS & Navedur R. Cap Wearing and Quality of Life in Patients with Androgenic Alopecia amongst Indian Population. Journal of Community and Public Health Nursing. 2017; 3(2)
- Particulate Matter (PM2.5) and its Association with Ocular, Nasal, Skin Dryness and Itchiness: An Occupational Comparative Study. International Conference on Environment (ICENV 2018), Park Royal Hotel, Penang 11-13 Dec 2018, USM
- Impact of air pollution on appetite and food intake between indoor and outdoor workers: A prospective cohort study. The19th Congress of PENSA, Seoul Korea, 13-16 June 2018, ASPEN
- C.K. Tan, E.S.S. Tan, M.S. Seghayat and K. Thavin (2018). Particulate Matter (PM2.5) and its Impacts on Respiratory Symptoms. 8th International Conference on Environment (ICENV 2018), Penang, Malaysia. 11th to 13th December 2018.
- Stephanie Julia Kosasih, Tan Chung Keat, Eugenie Sin Sing Tan (2018). Mobile Phone Use and Self Reported Headache among Working Adults in Surabaya, Indonesia. 12th APRU Global Health Conference, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. 28 to 30th October 2018.
- Thavin KMS, Tan ESS, Cheah SC, Lim HS, Seghayat MS, Normina AB, Tan CK (2018). Impact of Air Pollution on Appetite and Food Intake between Indoor and Outdoor Workers: A Prospective Cohort Study. 19th Congress of PENSA 2018, Korea. 13th to 16th June 2018.
- Normina Ahmad Bustami, Noradhiah Tumirin, Tan Chung Keat, Ho Yu Bin, Marjan Sadat Seghayat, Eugenie Tan Sin Sing (2017). Consumption Pattern of Malay Herbal Medicines during Pregnancy and Postpartum among Malaysian Mothers. 10th Asia Pacific Conference on Clinical Nutrition. Adelaide Convention Centre, Australia. 26th- 29th November 2017.
- Amini F, Thazin NWO, Okechukwu PN, Seghayat MS, Tan ESS, Tan CK, Normina AB, Thiagarajah S (2017). P53 Gene Variations in Malaysian Chinese Population With Periorbital Hyperpigmentation. 12th Malaysia International Genetics Congress. Bangi-Putrajaya Hotel, Selangor, 25th-27th September 2017.
- Jeevananthan GT, Normina AB, Thiagarajah S, Tan CK, Tan ESS, Amini F, Seghayat MS (2017). Consumption Pattern of Omega-3 among Pregnant Mothers. The 3rd International Conference on Public Health. Armada Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, 27th – 29th July 2017.
- Mundraje N, Tan CK, CK Lee, Rehman N, Normina AB, Seghayat MS, Amini F, Thiagarajah S, Tan ESS (2017). The Impact of Acne Vulgaris on Quality of Life in Adult Patients. The 3rd International Conference on Public Health. Armada Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, 27th – 29th July 2017.
- Thavin KMS, Tan ESS, Cheah SC, Lim HS, Seghayat MS, Normina AB, Tan CK (2017). Impact of Air Pollution on Food Intake among Indoor and Outdoor Workers: A Comparison. 1st Southeast Asia Public Health Nutrition Conference. Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur, 14th-27th May 2017.
- Tan CK, Klajo B, Tan ESS and Thiagarajah S (2016). Awareness and Perception on Stem Cells Therapy among Medical Professionals in Klang Valley. 6th Malaysian Tissue Engineering and Regenrative Medicine Scientific Meeting. The Light Hotel, Penang, 17th – 18th Nov 2016.
- Yeow Hui Qian, Tan Eugenie Sin Sing, Tan Chung Keat, Lee Chew Kek, Rehman Navedur (2016). Sun-Protection Knowledge and Habits among People With and Without Freckles. 11th Allied Health Scientific Conference Malaysia, Hotel Istana. Sept 6-7th 2016.
- Marjan S Seghayat, Ng Sing Beng, Farahnaz Amini, Ahmad Bustami, Tan Chung Keat, Eugenie Tan Sin Sing, Deepali Sharma (2016). Testosterone Replacement Therapy: Quality of Life and Metabolic Index.7th Malaysian Endocrine & Metabolic Society Annual Congress. Pullman Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur, 19th -22nd May 2016.
- Ng Sing Beng, Normina Ahmad Bustami, Marjan Sadat Seghayat, Tan Chung Keat, Eugenie Tan Sin Sing, Farahnaz Amini, Lee Chew Kek (2016). A Retrospective Study of Botulinum Toxin Type A on Palmar Hyperhidrosis. 41st Annual Conference of the Malaysian Society for Bio-chemistry and Molecular Biology. Pullman Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, 17th – 18th Aug 2016.
- Normina AB, Ng CY, Marjan SS, Eugenie TSS, Tan CK, Farahnaz A & Deepali S (2015). Survey on the Social Demand and Future Prospective of Anti-aging Medicine amongst Malaysians. 2nd USIM International Conference on Medicine & Health, Kuala Lumpur, Hotel Istana. Oct 17-18th, pg 75.
- Bavani Naido Munisamy Naidu, Normina Binti Ahmad Bustami, Eugenie Sin Sing Tan, Tan Chung Keat, Sritharan Rao, Gayatri Jeevananthan, Marjan Sadat Seghayat (2015). Knowledge on Calcium Consumption for Osteoporosis Prevention: A Pilot Study. 2nd USIM International Conference on Medicine and Health (ICMH). Istana Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, 17th - 18th Oct 2015.
- Suppiah TSS, Tan ESS, Lee CK, Normina AB, Tan CK (2015). Acne Vulgaris and its’ Association with Dietary Intake: A Malaysian Perspective. 9th Asia Pacific Conference on Clinical Nutrition. Shangri-La Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, 26th - 29th Jan 2015.
- Vijay F, Normina AB, Seghayat MS, Tan SS, Tan CK, Amini F, Sharma D (2014). Awareness and perception of bio-identical hormone replacement therapy among Malaysian: a pilot study. National conference on aging 2014, Vistana Titiwangsa, Kuala Lumpur. 19th - 20th Nov 2014.
Contributions to Society
- Committee Member. UCSI Spreads The Blue 2.0. 27th July 2018. UCSI University.
- Committee Member. Autism Speaks. It's Time to Listen, Embrace Differences. 2nd April 2018. UCSI University.
- Committee Member. Medical Camp for Rohingya. 11th November 2017. UCSI University.
- Advisor. CARE 4 LIFE. 1st October 2016. UCSI University.