Faculty/Department: De Institute of Creative Arts and Design
Campus: Kuala Lumpur
UCSI University’s De Institute of Creative Arts and Design - or better known by its acronym ICAD - is an exceptional place to learn and explore the visual arts, art history, and art education. Catering to the needs of the rapidly changing creative industry, ICAD offers unique art, fashion courses, multimedia and web design programmes that seek to equip students with fundamental knowledge, creativity and competencies needed in today’s dynamic marketplace.
Purpose of Role:
To contribute academically to the aims and initiatives of the faculty, department, and programme/s including teaching/lecturing, postgraduate supervision, research, academic publications, events, open days, and other activities that are in line with the Faculty and University’s plans.
Teaching Duties and Responsibilities
A Lecturer in the Art & Design department will be responsible for teaching/lecturing:
1. Courses in the Graphic Design Diploma and Bachelor degree programmes.
2. Design courses in the fashion programmes and other programmes that share courses with the
Graphic Design programmes.
3. Courses in the postgraduate programmes, if they qualify academically, and to supervise
Research, publications, and engagement
1. To contribute to a positive research environment and active research profile within the Department.
2. To facilitate, initiate, and/or contribute to, within available resources, the development of research, consultancy and scholarly activities which will enhance the academic reputation of the Department and contribute to the personal development of academic staff.
3. To facilitate, initiate, and/or contribute to, staff across the Department to engage in inter-disciplinary working within the Department and the Faculty/University more widely.
4. To promote, facilitate, and/or contribute to, the achievement of yearly research, publication, networking, and other QS/MyRA goals within the Department and Faculty.