- World Institute of Sustainable Development Planners, Hong Kong
Founding Member and Senior Fellow
Since May 2018
- Design Thinking Association of Malaysia
Since June 2017
- Advance HE, UK (formerly known as Higher Education Academy, UK)
Since June 2016
- Green Economics Institute, Reading, UK
Professional Green Economist .GE (UK)
Since September 2014
- Pek, C.K., Tan, H.B., Kim, R.C. & Ang, P.M-M. (2019). Industry lessons for green banking in Malaysia. International Journal of Green Economics, 13(3/4), 167-186.
- Teo, L. Khong, R.W.L. & Pek, C.K. (2019). Which is the better determinant for dividends in the Kuala Lumpur Composite Index- Profitability or cash flow? International Journal of Business and Society, 20(3), 1003-1021.
- Choong, C.K., Chan, S.G. and Pek, C.K. (2016). The effect of board composition on the efficiency of public listed companies in Malaysia. Economics Bulletin, 36(3), 1354-63
- Choong, C.K. & Pek, C.K. (2015). The Linkages between Private and Public Investments in Malaysia: The Role of Foreign Direct Investment. International Journal of Economics and Management, 9(1), 139-153.
- Pek, C.K. (2014). Environmental valuation and environmetrics for sustainability in Malaysia. International Journal of Green Economics, 8(3/4), 226-235.
- Pek, C.K., Lim, Y.M., Choong, C.K. & Tan, K.E. (2014). The economic impact of climate change on food security in Malaysia. International Journal of Academic Research Part B, 6(3), 195-199.
- Jamal, O. & Pek, C.K. (2014). Choice of Noxious Facilities: Case of a Solid Waste Incinerator versus a Sanitary Landfill in Malaysia. Waste Management & Research, 32(5), 454-457.
- Krekeler, M.P.S., Aldridge, D., Pek, C.K. & Jamal Othman. (2013). A Glance at the World. Waste Management, 32(12), 2565-2566.
- Pek, C.K. & Jamal, O. (2011). A choice experiment analysis for solid waste disposal option: A case study in Malaysia. Journal of Environmental Management, 92(11), 2993-3001.
- Pek, C.K. & Jamal, O. (2010). Household demand in solid waste disposal options in Malaysia. International Journal of Environmental, Earth Science and Engineering, 4(7), 377-40.
- Pek, C.K. (2009). Malaysian agricultural: Conventional and extended thoughts. Journal of Sustainable Development, 2(1), 80-86.
- Pek, C.K. (2008). Insight of Chinese Economics Culture in Malaysia. International Journal of Business and Management, 3(9), 65-73.
- Lim, Y.M., Pek, C.K. & Yee, A.P. (2008). Work Values of Baby-Boomers and Generation X of the Chinese Community in Malaysia. International Journal of Business & Management, 3(10), 147-153.
- Tan, H.B., Chung, H.K., Ang, P.M.M. & Pek, C.K., (2013). Green and Ethical Banking: Demand and supply perspectives from bankers, corporations, and heads of households. Malaysia Banker's Journal, 141, 12-20.
- Pek, C.K., Tee, C.H. & Ng, P.Y. (2010). Hill Recreational and Services Valuation: A Case Study of Taman Melawati Hill. Sunway Academic Journal, 7, 33-47.
- Pek, C.K. & Ndubisi, N. O. (2006). Negotiations in SMEs and MNCs in Malaysia: A Focus on the Chinese Business Culture. Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs): Malaysian and Global Perspectives, Chapter 9. Editor: Nelson Oly Ndubisi, Ali Salman Saleh. Publisher: Pearson/Prentice Hall, Malaysia.
- Damnjanovic, V, Pek, C.K., Krulj D. (2019). The Impact of Students Experience in Business Case Competition on Students Learning and Development. International Case Study Conference, Sabah, Malaysia. 24-26 November 2019.
- Pek, C.K. & Foo, F.E. (2019), Agricultural multifunctionality for sustainable development in Malaysia: A contingent valuation method approach. The 2nd World Summit on Advances in Science, Engineering and Technology, held at Indiana University-Purdue University, Indianapolis, U.S.A., 3-5 October 2019.
- Pek, C.K., & Jamal, O. (2015), Green public choice and operational research- a case of solid waste disposal improvement and preference in Malaysia. 10th Triennial Conference of The Association of Asia-Pacific Operational Research Societies, held at Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia, 2-6 August 2015.
- Pek, C.K. (2015). Are Malaysians willing to pay for agricultural multifunctionality? The 10th Anniversary Green Economics Institute, Green Economics Conference, held at Oxford University, England, UK, 22-25 March 2015.
- Pek, C.K., Tan, H.B., Chung, H.K., Ang, P.M.M. (2014). Green and ethical banking: Malaysian corporate demand. The 9th Annual Green Economics Institute Conference, held at Oxford University, England, UK, 9-11 July 2014.
- June, S., Yeoh, K.K. & Pek, C.K. (2013). HR Practices, LMX and Innovative Work Behavior in Knowledge Intensive Business Services in Malaysia. The Global Conference on Business and Economics Research 2013, Selangor, Malaysia, 18-20 October 2013.
- Chung, H.K., Tan, H.B., Ang, P.M.M. & Pek, C.K. (2013). Sustainability for Malaysian banking industry: Whose responsibility? The 3rd International Centre for Corporate Social Responsibility Conference 2013, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 19-20 August 2013.
- Pek, C. K., Lim, Y.M. & Choong, C.K. (2013). The economic impact of climate change on food security in Malaysia. Asian Conference on Sustainability, Economy and the Environment 2013, Osaka, Japan, 6-9 June 2013.
- Pek, C. K. & Jamal, O. (2012). Solid waste disposal options in Malaysia: A contingent valuation experience. The International Solid Waste Association (ISWA) World Solid Waste Congress 2012, Florence, Italy, 17-19 September 2012.
- Pek, C.K. & Jamal, O. (2010). Household demand for solid waste disposal options in Malaysia. WASET International Conference on Business, Economics and Management, Paris, France, 28-30 June 2010.
- Pek, C.K. & Jamal, O. (2009). Solid waste disposal: A choice experiment experience in Malaysia. Singapore Economic Review Conference, Singapore, 6-8 August 2009.
- Pek, C.K. (2008). Tobit estimation of household preference for solid waste disposal options in Malaysia. Proceedings of International Conference on Environment: Environmental Management and Technologies Towards Sustainable Development, organized by School of Chemical Engineering, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang, Malaysia, 15-17 December 2008.
- Jamal. O. & Pek, C.K. (2008). Household willingness-to-pay for solid waste management services. Seminar paper of National Seminar on Best Practices for Municipal Solid Waste Collections and Treatments in Malaysia at Seri Pacific Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 6th November, 2008.
- Pek, C.K. & Jamal. O. (2007). Non-market values of solid waste disposal options in Malaysia. EEPSEA 27th Bi-annual Conference Seminar Proposal Paper, Beijing, China, May 2007.
- Pek C.K. (2007). Household preference of solid waste disposal options: A Choice Experiment approach. 4th Doctoral Colloquium, National University of Malaysia, Bangi, Malaysia, November, 2007.
- Pek, C.K., Goh, C.L., Ho, Q. L., Hong, H. T. & Lim, H. H. (2005). Perception of Chinese Business Culture: SMEs vs MNCs. Proceedings of International Conference in Economics & Finance 2005: Towards a Richer Understanding of Economy and Financial Markets: Statistical & Econometrics Advances, organized by Labuan International Campus, Universiti Malaysia Sabah, Labuan, Malaysia, 26 & 27 May 2005.
- Pek, C.K., Lim, Y.M. & Yee, A.P. (2005). Work Values of Baby-Boomers and Generation X of the Chinese Community in Malaysia. Proceedings of International Conference On Southeast Asia (ICONSEA) 2005, organized by University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, December 2005.
Gratia Christian College, Hong Kong
Adjunct Professor (May 2018 to present)
Gratia Business School
Board Member of External Advisory Board (May 2018 to present)
Petra Christian University, Surabaya, Indonesia
Visiting Professor (September 2014 to October 2018, July 2020 to present)
Tunghai University, Taichung, Taiwan
Visiting Professor (April to December 2018)
Heriot-Watt University, Malaysia
External Examiner, business foundation (August 2014 to September 2018)
Vice-Chancellor’s Medal 2016. University of Nottingham
Best All-Rounder in Teaching. University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus Staff Awards 2015
Best All-Rounder in Teaching. University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus Staff Awards 2014
Best Postgraduate (PhD) Academic Poster. Faculty of Economics and Business, National University of Malaysia
- June 2018. Malaysia Technology Development Corporation Social Research Grant. Amount MYR128,220; Title of project: Technology acquisitions and successful commercialisations: Drivers of absorptive capabilities of firms. Co-Project Leader partnering with University of Nottingham Malaysia and Asian Strategy and Leadership Institute (ASLI).
- March 2015. Universitas 21 Early Career Researchers Workshop at University College Dublin, Ireland, 4-6 March 2015.
- January 2015. Economics of Climate Change Training Grant from Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia, in Hanoi, Vietnam, 13-16 January 2015 by Professor Michael Hanemann, Distinguished Sustainability Scientist, Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability, Julie A. Wrigley Chair in Sustainability, School of Sustainability, Professor, School of Sustainability, and Director, Center for Environmental Economics and Sustainability Policy, W.P. Carey School of Business.
- December 2014. Anbound Research Center Research Grant. Amount MYR36,000; Title of project: Government initiatives and SME businesses' growth strategies. Project member. A project in collaboration with University of Tunku Abdul Rahman.
- February 2014. The University of Nottingham Intercampus Staff Mobility Grant. Amount: £1,900.00.
- June 2013 – November 2014. Fundamental Research Grant Scheme from Ministry of Education, Malaysia. Amount MYR62,000 (Code: FRGS/1/2013/SS07/UNIM/03/2). Title of project: The economic values of agricultural multifunctionality in Malaysia. Project leader.
- March – September 2012. Research grant from Institut Bank-Bank Malaysia. Amount MYR30,000 (Code: G0006.54.04). Title of project: Green and ethical banking initiatives in Malaysia. Project member.
- May 2010 – October 2011. Fundamental Research Grant Scheme from Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysia. Amount MYR20,000 (Code: FRGS/1/10/SSK/UTAR/03/8). Title of project: The economic impact of climate change on food security in Malaysia. Project leader.
- October 2007 – June 2008. Writing grant on Environmental Benefit and Cost Analysis: Development of Guidelines and Manual. Project leader: Professor Dr Jamal Othman, National University of Malaysia.
- November, 2007. National University of Malaysia UKM PhD research grant MYR1,500.00 (Code: 27500) on Non-market values estimation of solid waste disposal options.
- October, 2007. National University of Malaysia Survey grant MYR26,000.00 (Code: UKM-EP-04-FRGS0002-2006) on Choice Modelling: Application on solid waste disposal options in Malaysia.
- May, 2007. Research travelling grant from Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia. Amount MYR6,000.00 (Travel Grant No. 003591-106). Presentation of seminar proposal in Beijing, China in Economy and Environmental Program for SEA 27th Bi-annual Conference by International Research and Development Centre (IRDC), Canada on Solid waste disposal options non-market values estimation: A Choice Model approach.
- Daddy and Me- Design Thinking Workshop on live streaming for Wesley Methodist School International Penang for students and parents. June 20, 2020.
- Design Thinking for Teaching and Learning Workshop on live streaming for school teachers on Teacher’s Day. May 16, 2020.
- Design Thinking for Youth Workshop on live streaming for secondary school students. May 8, 2020.
- HSBC Business Case Competition 2020 as the Coach for university teams participating in the annual competition. Period: November 2019 to May 2020.
- HSBC Business Case Competition 2019 as the Coach for university teams participating in the annual competition. Period: January to May 2019.
- Design Thinking for Innovative Problem Solving for Executives and Managers at QS Enrolment Solutions Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. 7 December 2018.
- Design Thinking with United Nations Sustainable Development Goals Workshop for Computer Science, University of Nottingham Malaysia. 30 October 2018.
- Design Thinking for University Students at Petra Christian University, Surabaya, Indonesia. 24 October 2018.
- Being Innovative and Transformational for Future Ready Workshop for Business Case Learning Foundation Programme, Nottingham University Business School Malaysia. 30 October 2018.
- Tools to Innovative Solutions Training for the Chief Marketing Officer of University of Nottingham Malaysia. 12 September 2018.
- Design Thinking for Marketing Effectiveness and Efficiency Workshop for Marketing Staff, University of Nottingham Malaysia. 20 September 2018.
- Workshop on Sustainable Development Planning Supporting UN Sustainable Development Goals at the Malaysia Public Policy Competition 2018, Sunway University. 25 August 2018.
- Design Thinking for Career Office, University of Nottingham Malaysia. 19 July 2018.
- Design Thinking for Student Organisation Annual Planning for Enactus University of Nottingham Malaysia. 6 – 8 July 2018.
- Design Thinking for Student Social Entrepreneurship, University of Nottingham Malaysia. 20 November 2017.
- Design Thinking for Innovation for students from Tunghai University, Taiwan. 30 October 2017.
- Design Thinking for Youth at Trinity Methodist Church Petaling Jaya. June 16 2016.
- Design Thinking for Bible Studies at Trinity Youth Camp, Kuala Lumpur. February 29, 2016.
- Developing statistical manual for Non-destructive Testing procedure using STATUS software for KPG Sdn Bhd. Period: 1 Nov 2012- 31 March 2013.
- Module moderator for Operation Economics of Open University Malaysia (since 15 December 2010).
- Module moderator for Agriculture Economics of Open University Malaysia (since 15 December 2010).
- Statistical Control and Analysis at Institute of Management Studies, Malaysia, 10 August 2002.
- Economic Valuation at Institute of Management Studies, 25 May 2002.
- Presentation and public speaking skills at OPI Group of Companies, Malaysia and Indonesia, 11 April 2002.
- Change Management at OPI Group of Companies, Malaysia and branches in Indonesia and United Kingdom, 30 September 2001.
- Edward De Bono Thinking Skills at OPI Group of Companies, 18 July 2001.
- ISO 9001:2000 at OPI Group of Companies, Malaysia, Indonesia and United Kingdom, June- September 2001.
- Sin Chew Daily News- Press article on Design Thinking for Youth, 3 June, 2020. Featured
- Talk on Journey to Postgraduate Studies and Beyond on live streaming. May 7, 2020. Moderator.
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals Mending for Post Covid-19: SDGs 3, 8, 9 and 17 on live streaming. Panellist.
- Oriental Daily News- Press article on Gig Economy, Dec 23, 2019. Featured.
- Live TV Show on RTM TV1 Selamat Pagi Malaysia- Bajet 2020 dan Implikasi terhadap SMEs di Malaysia, October 13, 2019, 09:00am. Invited guest speaker.
- Oriental Daily News- Press article on Sustainable Planting, Sep 30, 2019. Featured.
- Live TV Show on RTM Mobile Biz Malaysia- Bisnes dan Teknologi, July 24, 2019, 06:00pm. Invited guest speaker.
- Live TV Show on Berita RTM TV1 Bicara Pengguna- Teknologi dan Keusahwanan, July 15, 2019, 09:00pm. Invited guest speaker.
- Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan R.O.C., speaking on Sustainable Development as a Catalyst to De-ageing the Earth at the International Conference on Humanity and the Environment: An Ageing Earth, Taichung, Taiwan, R.O.C., June 15, 2019. Speaker.
- Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman, University Young Leaders Conference, UTAR Kampar, speaking on the commitment of the youth leaders in supporting UN SDGs as a global citizen, Perak, Malaysia, November 10, 2018. Session Speaker.
- Coventry University-Tunku Abdul Rahman University College, South East Asia International Transformational Entrepreneurship Symposium, TAR UC, speaking on Transformational entrepreneurship and application of the Design Thinking methodology, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, October 8, 2018. Speaker.
- World Institute of Sustainable Development Planners, UNESCO Hong Kong, speaking on Green economics for sustainable development, Hong Kong, April 28, 2018. Speaker.
- 16th Melaka International Youth Dialogue, Melaka, speaking on Green innovation preparing youth for sustainable tomorrow, Malacca, Malaysia, June 27, 2016. Panel speaker.
- Pangkor International Development Dialogue 2015, Satellite Event on Green Growth- Investing for the Future at Perak Amanjaya Convention Centre, [email protected], Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia, October 19-21, 2015. Panel speaker.
- Institute of Green Economics 10th Anniversary Conference 2015, speaking on Green efforts and future in Malaysia and South Korea at Oxford University, Oxford, UK, March 22-25, 2015. Panel speaker.
- Institute of Green Economics 9th Annual Conference 2014, speaking on Economic Valuation Methodologies and Application in Malaysia at Oxford University, Oxford, UK, July 9-11, 2014. Session speaker.
- National Seminar on Best Practices for Municipal Solid Waste Collections and Treatments in Malaysia at Seri Pacific Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, November 6, 2008. Keynote speaker.
- The 2005 Euro-Malaysia ICT Co-operation Conference, organised by European Commission and MIMOS Berhad, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, June 9-10, 2005. Rapporteur.