Graduate Chemical Engineer, Board of Engineers Malaysia
Completed research project
I have been working on integrating environmental aspects in CAMD framework, where I have developed a few powerful new tools that enable the design of molecules (solvents) that achieve their expected functionalities and being environmentally friendly. Various mathematical modeling tools have been combined with the concept of chemical product design to identify those optimal chemical products (solvents) that are more ecofriendly and better tailored for the consumer.
- Ooi, J., Ng, D. K. S. and Chemmangattuvalappil, N. G. (2018) ‘Optimal molecular design towards an environmental friendly solvent recovery process’, Computers & Chemical Engineering, 117, 391-409
- Ooi, J., Promentilla, M. A. B., Tan, R. R., Ng, D. K. S. and Chemmangattuvalappil, N. G. (2018) ‘Integration of Fuzzy Analytic Hierarchy Process into multi-objective Computer Aided Molecular Design’, Computers & Chemical Engineering, 109, pp. 191–202
- Chang, S. S. L., Kong, Y. L., Lim, W. X., Ooi, J., Ng, D. K. S. and Chemmangattuvalappil, N. G. (2018) ‘Design of alternate solvent for recovery of residual palm oil: simultaneous optimization of process performance with environmental, health and safety aspects’, Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy, 20(5), pp. 949–968
- Ooi, J., Promentilla, M. A. B., Tan, R. R., Ng, D. K. S. and Chemmangattuvalappil, N. G. (2017) ‘A systematic methodology for multi-objective molecular design via Analytic Hierarchy Process’, Process Safety and Environmental Protection, 111, pp. 663–677.
- Ooi, J., Promentilla, M. A. B., Tan, R. R., Ng, D. K. S. and Chemmangattuvalappil, N. G. (2017) ‘A Fuzzy Analytic Hierarchy Process Approach for Multi-objective Molecular Design Problem’, Computer Aided Chemical Engineering, 40, pp. 967–972
- Jecksin Ooi, Lai Yee Lee, Billie Yan Zhang Hiew, Suchithra Thangalazhy-Gopakumar, Siew Shee Lim and Suyin Gan, 2017. Assessment of fish scales waste as a low cost and eco-friendly adsorbent for removal of an azo dye: Equilibrium, kinetic and thermodynamic studies Bioresource Technology. 245, 656 - 664
- Ooi J., Promentilla M.A.B., Tan R.R., Ng D.K.S., Chemmangattuvalappil N.G. (2019) Alternative Solvent Design for Oil Extraction from Palm Pressed Fibre via Computer-Aided Molecular Design. In: Foo D., Tun Abdul Aziz M. (eds) Green Technologies for the Oil Palm Industry. Green Energy and Technology. Springer, Singapore, pp 33 - 55
- Ooi, J., Promentilla, Ng, D. K. S and Chemmangattuvalappil, N (2018) A Systematic Molecular Design Framework for an Environmentally Benign Solvent Recovery Process. IN 25th Regional Symposium on Chemical Engineering (RSCE 2018), 21-22 November 2018, Makati City, Philippines, Paper No: CMP-02
- Ooi, J., Promentilla, M. A. B., Tan, R. R., Ng, D. K. S and Chemmangattuvalappil, N. (2017) Multi-objective Molecular Design with Analytic Hierarchy Process. IN: 4th Postgraduate Colloquium for Environmental Research 2017, 25-26 July 2017, Malacca, Malaysia, Paper No.: POCER 171.
- Ooi, J., Ng, D. K. S. and Chemmangattuvalappil, N. G. (2017) A Systematic Methodology for Environmental Benign of Integrated Product- Process System. IN: 6th Conference on Emerging Energy & Process Technology 2017, 27 – 28 November 2017, Double Tree by Hilton Hotel, Johor Bahru, Malaysia. Paper No.: PSE1 – P2-04
- Ooi, J., Ng, D. K. S and Chemmangattuvalappil, N. (2015) A Computer Aided Molecular Design Framework for the Synthesis of an Integrated Biorefinery with the Integration of Safety, Health and Environmental aspects. IN: 2nd Workshop on ProBioRefine, 7-8 December 2015, Institute of Bioproduct Development, UTM Johor Bahru, Malaysia, Paper No.: P10
- Ooi, J., Lee, X.J., Chemmangattuvalappil, N. and Lee, L. Y. (2014) Equilibrium and kinetic modelling of the removal of heavy metal ions in aqueous solution by new carbon nanosorbent. In: 27th Symposium of Malaysian Chemical Engineers (SOMCHE 2014) in conjunction with 21st Regional Symposium on Chemical Engineering (RSCE 2014).