Dr. Jill Lee joined UCSI University in 2021 as a Lecturer. Dr Jill trained as a secondary school teacher for subjects such as English language and Literature in English but has been teaching non-native speakers of English at the higher education level since 2008. Dr Jill believes that teachers can professionally spearhead the desired changes in the education system. That is why Dr Jill is interested in collaborating with like-minded academicians and industrial representatives to develop projects that can enhance pedagogy. Dr Jill’s publications and talks remain faithful the mission of pedagogy enhancement.
- Lee, S.S., & Hazita, A. (2021). Integrating Facebook as a Web 2.0 Tool in a Responsive Pedagogy for Multimodal Oral Presentation Skills. GEMA Online® Journal of Language Studies, 21(3), 103 – 124. http://doi.org/10.17576/gema-2021-2103-06
- Lee, S.S. (2021). Design Principles of a Responsive Pedagogical Model for Multimodal Skills of Oral Presentation. Malaysian Journal of ELT Research, 18(1), 36-51. https://doi.org/10.52696/UQBF6793
- Lee, S.S. (2021). From collecting artifacts to enhancing critical thinking: Exploring ePortfolio pedagogy for Society 5.0. Proceedings of International Conference on Languages and Communication (ICLC) 2021, UNISZA, 51– 64.
- Lee, S.S., & Hazita, A. (2020). Introducing a Responsive Multimodal Oral Presentation Pedagogy: Integrating TED Videos with Web 2.0, Collaborative Learning and Teacher Feedback. RELC Journal, available online, pp. 1 – 9. https://doi.org/10.1177/0033688220945426
- Lee, S.S. (2019). Transforming the Teaching of Oral Presentation Skills in Malaysian Higher Education: A Proposed Theoretical Framework. Book chapter in Forum on Development Issues in Malaysia. Nantah Education & Research Foundation & New Era University College.
- Lee, S.S., Hazita, A., & Noorizah, M.N. (2018). A Responsive Pedagogical Initiative for Multimodal Oral Presentation Skills: An Action Research Study. 3L: The Southeast Asian Journal of English Language Studies 24(2), pp. 29 – 42. http://doi.org/10.17576/3L-2018-2402-03
- Lee, S.S., & Koo, Y.L. (2017). Examining linguistic proficiency in the multilingual glocal workplace: a Malaysian case study. Book chapter in Language and Intercultural Communication in the Workplace: Critical approaches to theory and practice. Routledge.
- Lee, S.S., Hazita, A., & Noorizah, M.N. (2016). The Conceptualization of Oral Presentations in Higher Education as Multimodal: Why, How and What. Malaysian Journal of Chinese Studies, 5(2), pp. 13 – 23. https://www.newera.edu.my/files/publication/Journal/英文学报2016%20vol5%20no2_THOCK.pdf
- Lee, S.S., & Koo, Y.L. (2015). Examining linguistic proficiency in the multilingual glocal workplace: a Malaysian case study. Language and Intercultural Communication, 15(1), pp. 46-61, DOI: 10.1080/14708477.2014.985305
- Moving multimodality from the margins to the mainstream: the transformative journey of a multimodal pedagogical model
- Postgraduate Webinar on Multimodal Literacies 2021, invitation by Multimodal Literacies Research Group (MLRG)
Being responsive to the challenges of digitalisation through a pedagogical innovation for multimodal oral presentation
2nd Malaysian Association of Applied Linguistics International Conference (MAALIC 2021)
The issues of pedagogy for multimodal oral presentation skills: What can a teacher do?
Research Hour@FBK 2021 at UNISZA, Malaysia
From collecting artifacts to enhancing critical thinking: Exploring ePortfolio pedagogy for Society 5.0
International Conference on Languages and Communication (ICLC) 2021, UNISZA, Malaysia
Design Principles of the Responsive Multimodal Oral Presentation Pedagogy (RMO2P)
Multi-literacies Special Interest Group Conference (MuLSIG) 2019, UKM, Malaysia
Enhancing Oral Presentation Skills in Malaysian Higher Education: An Action Research Initiative
Malaysia International Conference on English Language Teaching (MICELT) 2014
Examining linguistic proficiency in the multilingual glocal workplace: a Malaysian case study
The 12th Annual Conference of the International Association for Languages and Intercultural Communication (IALIC) 2013, Baptist University, Hong Kong
Engaging Visuals for Poetry and Critical Literacy
ELTC-TED Conference 2013, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
- The Use of Virtual Reality in Language Education: Attitude, Readiness and Challenges
- Collaboration with Dr Kew Si Na (UTM, Malaysia) under the SATU Joint Matching Grant Application
A Collaborative Research Project between UEM and UKM (2013)
Project led by Prof Hazita Azman under FRGS grant: UKM-GUP-JKKBG-08-09-036
Member of Malaysian Action Research Network (MARNet)
2018 - Gold Medal (Social Science Cluster in UKM) in The Three-minute Thesis Competition
2022 Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences Research (JHSSR)
2022 Jurnal Kurikulum, Bahagian Pembangunan Kurikulum, Malaysia
2021 AUA and ICSGS Academic Conference
The School of Strategic and Global Studies, Universitas Indonesia (SSGS-UI) and Asian
Universities Alliance (AUA)