LAM Graduate Architect
UCSI Research Excellence & Innovative Grant (REIG), RM21,000.00
Topic: Conceptualising a community-centric smart city: Towards the
improvement of the ‘Malaysia Smart City Framework’
Fundamental Research Grant Scheme 2020-2022, RM79,000.00 (co-researcher)
2011 CVF Badan Warisan Research Grant, RM3000.00
2015 Tun Tan Cheng Lock Center Research Grant, SGD$3,500.00
- The Transformation of Waterfront Landscape, Identity and Imagination: Reflections on Four Coastal Cities in the Straits of Malacca
- Rethinking Nation-Building and Spatial Identity: New Village in Malaysia
- Ng, K.K (2011) Living with the built vernacular heritage in a modernised city: A lesson from traditional Malay urban village in Malaysia. Proceedings of ICOMOS Thailand International Conference: ‘Asian Urban Heritage’ Phuket; Thailand: 15-17 October 2011.
- Ng, K.K. (2017) Book review: Francis E. Hutchinson and Terence Chong: The SIJORI cross‐border region: Transnational politics, economics and culture, ISEAS Publishing, Singapore Journal of Tropical Geography, 38:430–432.
- Ng, K.K & Lim, G. (2017) Beneath the Veneer: The Political Economy of Housing in Iskandar Malaysia, Johor, Trends in Southeast Asia, 12/2017, Singapore: ISEAS Yusof Ishak Institute.
- Ng, K.K. (2018) Book Review: Serhat Unaldi 2016: Working towards the Monarchy: The politics of space in downtown Bangkok, Honolulu: University of Hawai’i Press, International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, 42:4.
- Ng, K.K (2019) Prospects and Challenges for Johor Bahru Transformation Plan, Singapore: ISEAS Yusof Ishak Institute. (forthcoming book chapter)
- 2014 The International Association for the Study of Traditional Environments (IASTE) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 14-17 December 2014
- 2016 Spaces in transition: globalisation, transnationalism and urban change in the Asia- Pacific, Melbourne School of Design, The University of Melbourne, 4-5 July, 2016
- 2016 5th Conference of the Asian Borderlands Research Network (ABRN), Kathmandu, Nepal, 12-14 December 2016
- 2017 Poster exhibition “The Transformation of Waterfront Landscape, Identity and Imagination” at Tun Tan Cheng Lock Centre, Malacca, 3 August 2017
- 2018 The Seminar of Johor Economic Update, ISEAS-Yusof Ishak Institute, Singapore, 23 February 2018
- 2018 Cornell Southeast Asia Program’s 20th Annual Graduate Student Conference, Cornell University, New York, 9-11 March, 2018
- 2018 18th Conference of the International Planning History Society (IPHS), Yokohama, Japan, July 15-19, 2018
- 2018 Conference on InterAsian Connections VI, Social Science Research Council InterAsia Program (jointly organized by Duke University Global Asia Initiative, Göttingen University Global and Transregional Studies Platform, the Hong Kong Institute for the Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of Hong Kong, Asia Research Institute Singapore, Seoul National University Asia Center, Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences, and Yale University), Hanoi, December 4-7, 2018
- 2018 5TH Muhammad Alagil Arabia Asia Conference. Conference on Strongmen and Networks: The Rise of Informal Diplomats, Asia Research Institute and the Middle East Institute, National University of Singapore, 11-12 December 2018
- 2019 International Conference 2019 on Spatial Planning and Sustainable Development, Chiba University, Japan, August 30 – September 1, 2019
- 2019 At the frontiers of the urban: thinking concepts and practices globally, UCL Urban Laboratory, University College London, 10-12 November 2019
- 2020 CAHSA Research Colloquium: Webinar 22 June 2020
- 2020 UCSI University CAHSA-Tianjin University The School of Architecture, Research Webinar (forthcoming webinar in November)