- Associate Professor (2014 April - present), Department of Engineering Science and Mechanics, Shibaura Institute of Technology, Shibaura Institute of Technology, Japan
- Visiting Professor (2015 April – 2016 March), The BioRobotics Institute, Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, Italy
- Assistant Professor (2011 April- 2014 March), Department of Engineering Science and Mechanics, Shibaura Institute of Technology, Shibaura Institute of Technology, Japan
- Assistant Professor (2009 April- 2011 March), Department of Applied Physics, Waseda University, Japan
- Stretchable ElectroHydroDynamics
- Science of Soft Robotics
- Soft Materials
- Y. Seki, Y. Kuwajima, H. Shigemune, Y. Yamada, S. Maeda, “Optimization of the Electrode Arrangement and Reliable Fabrication of Flexible EHD Pumps”, Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, 32, pp.939-946, 2020.
- H. Shigemune, S. Maeda, Eiji Iwase, S. Hashimoto, S. Sugano, H. Sawada, “Programming Stepwise Motility into a Sheet of Paper using Inkjet Printing”, Advanced Intelligent Systems, 2000153, 2021.
- T. Hiruta, N. Hosoya, S. Maeda, I. Kajiwara, “Vibration control of membrane structures using dielectric elastomer actuators in vacuum environment”, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 191, 106049, 2020.
- Z. Mao, G. Shimamoto, S. Maeda, “Conical frustum gel driven by Marangoni effects for no-stator motor”, Colloids and Surfaces A, 608, 125561, 2021.
- A. Wiranata, S. Maeda, “IMPLEMENTATION OF SYLGARD 184 FOR POWDERED BASED DIELECTRIC ELASTOMER ACTUATOR”, The SEATUC Journal Science and Engineering, 1, 2, pp. 14-19, 2020.
- K. Yoshimura, Y. Otsuka, Z. Mao, V. Cacucciolo, T. Okutaki, H. Yamagishi, T. Sato, S. Hashimura, N. Hosoya, Y. Yamanishi, S. Maeda, “Autonomous oil flow generated by self-oscillating polymer gels”, Scientific Reports, 10, 12834, 2020.
- Y. Otsuka, Y. Sato and S. Maeda, “Bubble-free system for Belousov-Zhabotinsky gel”, Chemistry Letters, 49, pp.863-866, 2020.
- Z. Mao, M. Kuroki, Y. Otsuka, S. Maeda, “Contraction waves in self-oscillating polymer gels”, Extreme Mechanics Letters, 39, 100830, 2020.
- N. Hashimoto, H. Shigemune, A. Minaminosono, S. Maeda, H. Sawada, “Self-assembled 3D actuator using the resilience of an elastomeric material”, Frontiers in Robotics and AI, 6, 152, 1-12, 2020.