Name of grant: Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS)
Funder: Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) Malaysia
Project title: Identifying factors towards a new integrated obesity reduction programme in Malaysian government primary care clinics
Project code: FRGS/1/2016/SKK02/UPM/01/2
Duration: 2016 - 2019
Role: PhD talent
- Tan, S. T., Mohd Sidik, S., Rampal, L., Tan, K. A., Ibrahim, Z., Ahmad, N., Mustapha, U. K., Paimin, F., Talib, N. H., Sharifuddin, N., & Ibrahim, N. (2022). Effectivenss of an integrated-Weight Management Programme (i-WMP) in reducing body weight among noncommunicable diease patients in Malaysian government primary care clinics: A randomised controlled trial. Malaysian Journal of Medicine and Health Sciences.
- Tan, S. T., Mohd Sidik, S., Rampal, L., Tan, K. A., & Ibrahim, Z. (2022). Development of an integrated-Weight Management Programme (i-WMP) among non-communicable diease patients. International Journal of Public Health and Clnical Sciences, 9(2), 21-35.
- Tan, S. T., Mohd Sidik, S., Rampal, L., Ibrahim, N., Tan, K. A. (2019). Are Malaysian Getting Fatter and Rounder?: An Updated Systematic Review (2009 – 2015). Malaysian Journal of Medicine and Health Sciences, 15(1), 63-77.
- Tan, S. T., Mohd Sidik, S., Rampal, L., Ibrahim, N., Tan, K. A., & Ibrahim, Z. (2017). What Has Been Done to Tackle Overweight and Obesity in Malaysia?: A Literature Review (2005 – 2015). Pertanika Journal of Scholarly Research Reviews, 3(2), 73-90.
- Tan, S. T., Sherina, M. S., Rampal, L., & Normala, I. (2014). Prevalence and predictors of suicidality among medical students in a public university. The Medical Journal of Malaysia, 70(1), 1-5
1. Nutrition Society (NSM)
2. Malaysian Association for the Study of Obesity (MASO)
3. American Society for Nutrition (ASN)
Tan, Siew Tin; Mohd-Sidik, Sherina; Rampal, Lekhraj; Tan, Kit-Aun; Ibrahim, Zuriati; Mustapha, Ummu Kalsum; Paimin, Fuziah; Talib, Nor Hazlin; Sharifuddin, Naemah; Ibrahim, Normala.
Development of an Integrated-Weight Management Programme in Malaysian Government Primary Care Clinics Based on Focus Group Discussions. The 5th USIM International Health Conference. September 13-14, 2022. Online conference organized by Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia.
1. Sponsorship for PhD Degree from Graduate Research Fellowship (GRF), UPM.
3. Sponsorship for Master Degree from Graduate Research Fellowship (GRF), UPM.
4. Sponsorship for Master Degree from Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) Malaysia (MyMaster).
5. Scholarship Award by Golden Key International Honour Society, UPM.
6. Academic Award 2005/ 2006 by FFM.
7. Academic Award and Dean Award (semester 1, semester 2, semester 3 and semester 4 of Bachelor’s degree) by Bahagian Hal Ehwal Mahasiswa (HEM, UPM) and Faculty of Food Science and Technology, respectively.
8. The Best Student of Chinese Languages in the year 2000 by Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Raja Mahadi, Klang