English Lecturer (Based in China)
Faculty/Department: UCSI College Sdn Bhd
Campus: Based in China
- To teach English to one of China’s leading university students in Fuzhou, Fujian, China
- Undertaking teaching and learning duties as assigned by the Head of Department or Supervisor.
- Covering the syllabus and curriculum outlined for the assigned course(s) using students-centered teaching methods to improve students' English proficiency. The modules to teach include,
- Reading and Writing (an intensive module)
- Academic Literacies (Academic English)
- English for Special Purpose (Computer Science and Engineering)
- Other module as may be required and assigned by the University.
- Planning, delivering, and critically reviewing a range of teaching and assessment activities appropriate to students' levels.
- Marking and grading coursework promptly and providing appropriate feedback to students according to marking rubrics.
- Examining and invigilating examinations, and generally assisting with the work of the Faculty.
- Providing regular consultation and other extra-curricular support for students seeking guidance, assistance, and advising related to coursework and their academic achievement.
- Participating in peer classroom observations or other professional development initiatives aimed at improving teaching.
- Involving in other duties within the Department and University as required
Month of August – 25 to30 hours per week
Other months – 18 to 20 hours per week
Class size – usually 30 students per class
- Bachelor’s degree in English or a closely related field.
- Have a 120-hours CELTA/TEFL/TESOL or equivalence certificate.
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience to university or college students
- Native English speakers (UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South African)
- Competent in the content of relevant curriculum
- Not more than 55 years old
- Have a recent Certificate of Good Conduct or Non-Criminal Police Report
Last Update: 02-Jan-2020