Faculty/Department: Faculty of Social Sciences and Liberal Arts
Campus: Kuala Lumpur
Name / Email
Professor Dr. Chan Nee Nee
Developing a Theoretical Framework for Preventive Intervention Modules on Bullying and
Area of research:
Bullying, Cyberbullying, Roasting, Intervention Programme, Mental Health, Emotional Well-being
Gather Research Data
- The central responsibility of a graduate research assistant is gathering data related to their projects. This aspect of the role depends largely upon the field in which the assistant is conducting research. A scientific researcher, for example, may gather data from experiments and test subjects.
- Data analysis is also central to this role. Graduate research assistants may use both qualitative and quantitative methods to analyze data, and some may use advanced data modeling technologies to derive insights from the information they have gathered. In any case, graduate research assistants analyze information to determine whether their working hypotheses are correct.
Prepare Reports and Paperwork
- Throughout the research process, graduate research assistants prepare reports related to their activities and findings. This can include information about test subjects and results, for example, or transcripts of subject interviews. Generally, graduate research assistants provide these reports to the professor or researcher in charge of the project, who may request further information or more detailed analyses.
- Many graduate research assistants also maintain project databases throughout the research process. In some cases, this can require familiarity with one or more programming languages or subject-specific database programs. Graduate research assistants may receive data from several sources and use database programs to maintain and update records related to project participants and findings.
- Along with entering data into research databases, graduate research assistants also ensure accuracy by verifying data that they work with. This can involve comparing reports to raw data to reduce errors and make sure that all information is up to date and as complete as possible. Graduate research assistants may need to follow up with research subjects or other researchers to verify information.
The applicant is expected to meet the following criteria:
- The candidate must be willing to enroll for the Ph.D. in Education at UCSI University as this grant project is with UCSI University.
- Possess a good command of English, both spoken and written.
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Responsible, self-motivated, ability to plan and work independently.
- Resourceful, willing to learn & share.
Please email your (1) cover letter together with your (2) curriculum vitae, (3) academic transcripts and (4) degree certification to the respective principal investigators.