Head, Account Operations (Group Accounts)
Faculty/Department: Group Finance Office
Campus: Kuala Lumpur
- Responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting including developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- Able to meet tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, and yearend audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. Work with the supervisor to endure a clean and timely yearend audit.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of all financial information monthly and year end closing.
- Interface with regulators and supervise the preparation of regulatory returns, day-to-day handling of corporate tax and ensuring compliance with local authorities, accounting procedures and statutory regulations.
- Formulate, implement and manage approved accounting and administrative controls. Define and control general accounting information requirements and provide accounting guidance to operational divisions within the University.
- Develop SOPs relating to day to day operations to enhance work efficiencies.
- Assist the supervisor in the daily banking requirements.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of all types of payable transactions.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Support the supervisor with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Support the supervisor to raise funds for project financing.
- Collaborates with the other department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- This position will have contact with senior level management staff and the Board of Directors which requires a strong interpersonal communication skill both written and verbal.
- Supervises and manages the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Provide staff development plan for each the direct report.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- You shall perform all other duties relating to the above may be assigned to you by your supervisor form time to time.
- Degree or professional qualification in accounting
- Minimum 15 years working experience with 5 to 7 years supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area
- Experience in managing the finance function of an organization, including statutory tax, treasury and legal matters
- Strong analytical and review skills, ability to provide support in reviewing projects opportunities for revenue and profit growth and cost management
- Must be PC proficient and have strong skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point presentation
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
- Pro-active and self motivated, posses a mature attitude with the ability to work independently and as a good team player
- Strong leadership, coaching and management skills and ability to lead, motivate and grow a team of professional finance staff
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and abilities
Last Update: 02-Jan-2020