Faculty/Department: Faculty of Social Sciences and Liberal Arts
Campus: Kuala Lumpur
The Faculty of Social Sciences & Liberal Arts (FOSSLA) offers programs at the undergraduate and postgraduate degree levels in the disciplines of Mass Communication, Psychology, English Language & Communication, and Education. Our programs combine theory and practice and students apply their knowledge and skills in practicums, industry projects and cooperative learning attachments every year. Our vibrant, dedicated and creative team of faculty members is committed to innovation and excellence in teaching and research. Various innovative methodologies and pedagogies with a student-centered approach are adopted such as problem-based learning, experiential learning, social learning and the flipped classroom.
- The position requires a commitment to teaching, programme administration, as well as conducting research and scholarly activities.
- You will oversee the entire operation of the Department both academically and administratively.
- You will oversee the running of University programmes delivered in the Department.
- You will oversee the delivery of courses (subjects) delivered by the Department.
- You will collaborate with the Dean to achieve academic and operational goals.
- You will collaborate with departmental staff to achieve academic and operational goals.
- You will collaborate with other entities within UCSI to foster a vibrant and productive university environment.
- You will recommend staff development (upgrading, recruiting, terminating etc.) to the Dean.
- You will prepare annual budget for the Department.
- You will assist in product development/ new linkage.
- You will assist the Dean in marketing and Public Relations activities/ strategies.
- You will give guidance and leadership to the staff under your supervision.
- You will mentor Head of Programme/Programme Coordinator to adapt quickly to the demands of the programme.
- You will provide administrative support to the Dean.
- You will ensure that quality procedures are adhered by the staff under your supervision.
- Ph.D. holder in a related field.
- Any relevant professional membership will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of academic management experience in a higher education institution.
- Experience with MQA documentation and MQA procedures.
- Proven ability to lead a team of academics and course administrators.
- A strong research and publication track record are highly desirable.
- Has published and have a Scopus H-index of at least 2.
- Experienced in conducting research.
- Successfully bidded for grants especially national grants and/or international grant will be a bonus.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, possesses a mature positive attitude, and is a good team player.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and abilities.