Kindergarten Teacher, Speech & Drama
UCSI Child Development Center Sdn Bhd (Cheras, Kuala Lumpur)
- The speech and drama teacher has the prime responsibility to assist the faculty in developing the curriculum for theater acting and speech development.
- It will be the duty to conduct the theater acting workshops and other activities as well.
- To conduct the activities that allow students creative self expression and communication.
- It will be needed to conduct the speech workshops in developing proper English and Mandarin articulation and speaking department to the students for acting.
- To supervise the activities and other programs in speech labs.
- To design the programs that enhance conversational speech.
- It will be also necessary to take actively part in the seminars and lectures on emerging trends in speech and drama and will also have to teach methods and technologies.
- Develop year plans, unit plans, and lesson plans, incorporate a variety of learning materials and resources.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for learning activities.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance and development.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and complete records of students' progress and development.
- Prepare required reports on students and activities.
- Manage student behavior.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the expectations of the school.
- Participate in school sports day, concert and excursions.
- You shall perform other duties relating to the above as may be assigned by your supervisor from time to time.
- Minimum a Certificate or Stage Performance / Speech & Drama related certification / Diploma in Early Childhood / Montessori
- Possess a genuine interest in acting and proper language phonetics to do the job of a drama teacher.
- Possess the high level of teaching skill and patience with the calm and composed behavior.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships.
- Must have people management skills to do the effective management.
- The ability to work as a member of a team; proven organisational skills; the ability to teach effectively within short teaching periods; the ability to use own initiative
- The essential ability to relate well to pupils, parents staff and other school users.
- Passionate, caring, and enjoy working with children.
- Independent and self-coordinated.
- Enthusiastic and gentle.
- To have excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English Language and Mandarin.
- Possess strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficient in PC skills and familiar with common software applications.
- Must be results-oriented and energetic.
- At least 2 years of working experience in related field.
Last Update: 02-Jan-2020