Faculty/Department: Student Affairs and Alumni
1. Provide library services in response to the information needs of library users
• Respond to daily Campus request for information.
• Train library users to effectively search the Library Catalogue, Internet, and other electronic resources.
• Provide an interlibrary loan service for book and maintain records.
• Maintain circulation files, records, and statistics.
• Maintain adequate supplies for equipment and library.
• Manage the information dissemination in the preparation of notice boards and displays in the library.
2. Responsible for the operation of the library services.
• Manage the daily operation of the library.
• To perform routine duties within the library with search, locate the information, materials, and circulation activities.
• Understands and can perform all jobs related to circulation services, including but not limited to charging, discharging, and renewing library materials; registering and re-registering patrons;
receiving and processing reserves and system-level hold requests; routing interlibrary loan requests; collecting and recording fines and fees; handling the book drops and counters; and sending and receiving shipments.
• Managing the library management system; borrowing, returning, process the fines and accept payments etc.
• Assist the faculty on Library section for MQA documentation and visitation.
• Perform the library literacy class for the user references services as and when needed.
3. Ensure library operational workflow going smoothly through SOP process.
• Ensure all the related resources are accessible to the Campus user.
• Receives and resolves circulation-related problems by managing the circulation of the library books.
• Shelving the book and keeping the library in good condition
• Assist the library users find the material to meet their needs in using OPAC.
• Provides information and assistance to library patrons.
• Attend to complaints or special request from library users.
• Observe and follow library policies and procedures.
• Assist with daily, routine library operations.
• To attend appropriate training courses to improve and extend skills base as recommended from time to time.
• Other duties reasonable to assist in the smooth operation of the library.
4. Assist in QAE/ISO/OHSAS Audit Activities
• Constantly managing ISO 9001 (i.e. ISO/OSHA Directory) folder including upload, hyperlink and create sub folder and backup folder [i.e. in yearly basis].
• To assist Quality Assurance & Enhancement Office closely monitors & continuously improves the effectiveness of the documented system of UCSI University [i.e. documentation coverage
against practices and traffic / process flow of the system].
• To assist INTERNAL AUDIT Office in prepare periodic for Management reporting and monitor the implementation of changes of ISO 9001 & OHSAS 18001 with affected functional process [i.e. summary of Document change notices].
• To assist INTERNAL AUDIT Office to organize the Internal Audit as per university audit schedule, include preparing checklist.
• To assist INTERNAL AUDIT Office in planning the next Internal Audit Schedule once any internal audit is conducted.
• To assist INTERNAL AUDIT Office to follow-up Internal Audit Report & conclude the status of Audit in branch campus level.
• By issuing CAR /PAR as tool to eliminate the detected non-conforming.
• Monitor the progress of CAR/PAR to ensure they are investigated, proposed with action, verified with the result of action taken as per set time frame.
• To work with division / faculty / dept. / unit to solve any pending issues of CAR/PAR.
• To assist INTERNAL AUDIT Office (i.e. support Academic Quality Management System) in executes institutional audit activities [i.e. compilation data of self-review assessment, co-ordinate audit events & etc] and towards to self-accreditation status.
• Candidate must possess at least a Diploma / Degree in Library and Information Science or any other related discipline.
• Preferable candidate with at least 2-3 years of working experience in a Library Service /Educational Institution
• Preferable candidate with strong understanding of medical terminology, procedures, and research methods. Be able to answer questions from medical professionals and patients about medical
topics and resources. Also need to be able to identify the most accurate and up-to-date information on medical topics.
• Candidate with relevant experience is encouraged to apply.
• High level of interpersonal skills in building and managing networks and relationship, internally and externally.
• Self-motivated, target oriented and independent with high degree of commitment to meet deadlines and objectives.
• Has demonstrated knowledge of relevant subject disciplines including advanced skills in resource discovery and the ability to train students in the use of online databases.
• Capable of working constructively, creatively, and energetically, both independently and in a collaborative, collegial environment.
Deadline: 31 Aug 2023 | Last Update: 11 Aug 2023