Faculty/Department: Group Logistics Management Office
Campus: Kuala Lumpur
- Interprets blueprints and building specifications to map layout for pipes, drainage systems, and other plumbing materials
- Installs pipes and fixtures, such as sinks and toilets, for water, gas, steam, air, or other liquids
- Installs supports for pipes, equipment, and fixtures prior to installation
- Assembles fittings and valves for installation
- Modifies length of pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing materials as needed for a building
- Uses saws and pipe cutters as necessary
- Installs heating and air-conditioning systems, including water heaters
- Collaborates with contractors, construction workers, electricians, pipefitters, and steamfitters in installing and repairing plumbing
- Tests plumbing systems for leaks and other problems
- Analyses problem and identifies appropriate tools and materials for repair
- Chooses plumbing materials based on budget, location, and intended uses of building
- Follows health and safety standards and complies with building codes
- Performs inspections of plumbing systems to identify and replace worn parts
- To perform any other duties relating to the above as may be assigned by your superior from time to time.
- You are required to work and on standby (after working hours and weekend) as and when it is necessary and required by your superior.
- Minimum six (6) months working experience.
- Pro-active and self-motivated, with the ability to work independently as well as participate within the team.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, possess a mature attitude and a good team player.
- Physically active and must be able to lift at least 20 kg.
- Maintenance officers are required to walk, stand, stoop, crouch, kneel, sit, squat and twist. Restraints may have to be performed and some physical activity may take place on a daily basis.
Last Update: 01-Jan-2021