Pre-School Mandarin Teacher
UCSI Child Development Center Sdn Bhd (Cheras, Kuala Lumpur)
Business Operation :
- Assimilate arriving children to the school environment by greeting them, helping them remove outerwear, and selecting activities of interest to them;
- To support in UCSI Child Development Centre sales and marketing initiatives;
- To support in UCSI Child Development Centre in cost effective teaching & learning tools and materials purchasing;
- To use data to inform practice and drive decision-making and instruction at the school;
- To lead the creation of a calm, safe and orderly learning environment capable of maximizing students’ ability to grow;
- To plans, organizes, supervises and directs implementation of all centre activities with team members;
- To keeps management informed of the centre’s challenges and problems;
- To makes recommendations concerning the centre’s administration and supervision;
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws and administrative regulations;
- To establishes and maintains relationships with local community groups and individuals to foster understanding and solicit support for overall centre’s programs;
- To keep the team members informed and seek ideas for the improvement of the school;
- To organize and participate in fundraising for the centre if there is any.
- To assess and recommend to the centre management areas of improvement for learning deficient methodology and tool.
Academic Excellence :
- Plan and carry out a curriculum that targets different areas of child development, such as language, motor, and social skills;
- To support the implementation of a series of creative curriculum for the centre that includes instruction,performance, technology and areas of special emphasis, which conform to the centre guidelines and top management direction;
- Work with form teacher to schedules classes with established guidelines to meet children learning milestones;
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities;
- To understand student requirements and academic standards with form teachers and supervisor,
- academic affairs;
- Employing a variety of educational techniques (storytelling, educational play, media etc.) to teach children
- Organize activities which children can learn about the world, explore interests, and develop talents;
- Watch for signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring problems to the attention of parents;
- Identify students learning objectives and milestones to improve and celebrate student achievement;
- Attend to children's basic needs by feeding them, dressing them, and changing their diapers.
- Develop schedules and routines to ensure children have enough physical activity, rest, and playtime;
- Maintain the teaching and learning quality, and continually up-grading (development, revision, and evaluation)
- the curriculum on annually basis;
- Analyze student performance results together with form teachers and supervisor, academic affairs;
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help.
- Meet with form teacher and supervisor, academic affairs to review any educational and behavioral problems in centre;
- Observe and evaluate children's performance, behavior, social development and physical health;
- Participate the centre’s teaching and learning process and demonstrate activities to children;
- Keep records of the students’ progress, routines, and interests, and keep parents informed on their child’s development;
- Select, store, order, issue, and inventory classroom equipment, materials, and supplier;
- Work on the class attendance and maintenance of children’s safety and health report;
- Become familiar with emergency procedures and protocol;
- Orients newly assigned staff members and assists in the in-service training of teachers;
- Nurture children to achieve their greatest potential academically and spiritually;
- Establish and maintain a professional rapport with parents, children and with staff that has their respect;
- Display the highest ethical and professional behavior and standards when working with children, parents, and school personnel;
- Observe and evaluate children performance and reports any continuing problematic areas to form teacher and supervisor, academic affairs;
- Organize and label materials, and display students' work in a manner appropriate for their ages and perceptual skills;
- Suggest and plan nutritious snacks and lunches schedule;
- Organize nap and snack hours and supervise children to ensure they are safe at all times;
- Teach proper eating habits and personal hygiene;
- Attends special events held to recognize student achievement, centre-sponsored activities, and functions;
- Provide disabled students with assistive devices, supportive technology, and assistance accessing facilities such as rest rooms;
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- To achieve and maintain zero percentage of student injury under school and field visitation period.
Knowledge / Skills Required (Mental Demands / Physical Demands / Environmental Factors):
- Excellent understanding of the principles of child development and preschool educational methods
- React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned
- Balance between a creative mind and a practical acumen
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress
- Posses strong knowledge of curriculum which require to meet the centre’s standard
- Ability to evaluate in teaching and learning effectiveness
- Ability to coordinate centre functions
- Ability to interpret procedures and data
- Strong public relations and interpersonal skills
- Excellent interpersonal relations, oral and written communication skills
- Use excellent written oral English skills when communicating with students, parents, and teachers
- Occasionally prolonged and irregular hours
- Familiarity with safety and sanitation guidelines for classrooms
- Excellent communication and instructional skills
- Ability to act as mediator between children
- Certification in child CPR
- Identify and attending suitable self development training.
- Perform administrative duties such as hall and cafeteria monitoring, and bus loading and unloading.
- Assist and support any ad-hoc or pre-planned internal marketing recruitment activities
- Complete in a timely fashion all records and reports as requested by the Top Management members
- Perform all other duties relating to the above may be assigned to you by your immediate supervisor from time to time
Specifications and Qualifications:
- Minimum a Certificate or Diploma.
- Passionate, caring, and enjoy working with children.
- Independent and self-coordinated.
- Enthusiastic and gentle.
- Good command in English Language and Bahasa Malaysia and native English speaker.
- Possess strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficient in PC skills and familiar with common software applications.
- Must be results-oriented and energetic.
Last Update: 06-Apr-2018