Faculty/Department: UCSI International School Sdn Bhd (Cheras, Kuala Lumpur)
Campus: Kuala Lumpur
- Teach between 30 – 32 periods per week; if teaching load is lower, other related responsibilities will be allocated, which may include but not limited to, school events and student welfare
- Provide a variety of learning experiences that actively engages students and are appropriate for their individual needs
- Develop year plans, unit plans, and lesson plans
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for learning activities
- Incorporate a variety of learning materials and resources
- Differentiate to meet students’ varying needs
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment
- Use relevant technology to support instruction
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance and development
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments
- Provide appropriate feedback on work
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely
- Support after school activities
- Perform any duties in supporting students, i.e. language support, remediation etc.
- Prepare required reports on students and activities
- Manage student behavior
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the expectations of the school
- Apply appropriate disciplinary measures where necessary
- Perform certain pastoral duties including but not limited to student support, counseling students with academic problems, and providing student encouragement
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs, and student organizations
- Attend and participate in faculty and parent meetings
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues, and parents regarding student progress and student needs
- Keep up to date with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods
- Take class attendance
- Participate in school camps and excursions
- Contribute to the academic and social life of the school
- Cover for absent colleagues
- Serve on school committees
- Participate in one after school activity per week
- Take responsibility for the creation and maintenance of a positive work environment
- Share resources for the benefit of the school programs
- Set a positive example for students
- Monitor student uniforms and appearance
- Ensure that activities provide a safe and positive environment
- Show respect for students, value their individual talents, differentiate according to their abilities, and create opportunities for success
- Maintain consistently high expectations for student achievement and behaviour
- Ensure that school resources and property are used responsibly
- If requested, you will participate in marketing activities held by the school.
- You shall perform all other duties that may be assigned to you by your superior from time to time.
- Teaching one or more subjects at secondary level and organizing educational activities; plan and prepare lessons according to the prescribed / recommended curriculum; and teach relevant subjects as well as supervise schoolwork and student discipline.
- Must have at least Bachelor in Education or equivalent from a recognized overseas University with PGCE certification or equivalent.
- Must have experience in teaching Cambridge IGCSE with proven track record of good results. Must have experience teaching in an overseas international school.
- International teachers whose first language is in English and have completed a Post Graduate Degree in Education, a Bachelor Degree in Education, a Diploma in Teaching / Education or an equivalent in countries such as Canada, The US, Ireland, The UK, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa are invited to apply.
Deadline: 31 Dec 2022 | Last Update: 19 Nov 2021