Research Impact:Google Scholar
Professor Dr Yeong Siew Wei
Professor of Pharmacy Practice (Medication Usage, Herbal Medicines & Pharmacy Education)
Professor | Department of Clinical Pharmacy
Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Student Affairs and Alumni (Kuala Lumpur campus)
Areas of Interest
Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society
Malaysian Pharmacy Board
Current research project (PI/Co-PI)
Formulation and Evaluation of Enteric Coated Capsules Filled with Oral Mucoadhesive Palifermin Nanoparticles
Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS), Ministry of Education, Malaysia: FRGS/2/2014/SKK02/UCSI/02/1
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, UCSI University
Formulation and Clinical Evaluation of Mangosteen and Seaweed based Face and Eye Serum for Anti-aging and Anti-acne effects (Co-PI)
Pioneer Scientist Incentive Funds, UCSI University:
Laurent Bleu Medical Center
Development of Teaching Case Videos for Pedagogical Upscaling of Teaching-Learning (Co-PI)
Pioneer Scientist Incentive Funds, UCSI University
Faculty of Social Sciences and Liberal Arts, UCSI University
Impact of Community-based Health Campaign on Disease Awareness and Prevention (PI)
FPS final year research project
- Maki MAA, Kumar PV*, Cheah SC, Yeong SW, Al-Nema M, Bayazeid O and Majeed AB. Molecular Modeling-Based Delivery System Enhances Everolimus-induced Apoptosis in Caco-2 Cells. ACS Omega. 2019; 4: 8767-8777. (https://pubcs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsomega.9b00109) (Scopus indexed)
- Akowuah GA*, Chin JH, Yeong SW, Quah SY and Ahmad M. In-vitro CYP3A4, CYP2E1 and UGT Activity in Human Liver Microsomes by Strobilanthes crispus Leafs Extract. The Natural Products Journal. 2019; 9: 1-9. https://doi.org/10.2174/2210315509666190304124328
- Akowuah GA*, Chin JH, Yeong SW, Quah SY. Comparative Study on the Nitric Oxide Scavenging and Hemolytic Activity of Fresh Leaf Juice and Dry Leaf Extracts of Clinacanthus Nutans (Burm. F) Lindau. Der Pharma Chemica. 2018; 10 (7): 152 – 157. (Scopus indexed)
- Kumar PV*, Maki M, Yeong SW, Lee MT, Elumalai M, et al. Rabbit as an Animal Model for Pharmacokinetics Studies of Enteric Capsule Contains Recombinant Human Kerotinocyte Growth Factor Loaded Chitosan Nanoparticles. Current Clinical Pharmacology. 2018 Nov19 (doi: 10.2174/1574884714666181120103907) (Impact factor: 0.65)
- Kumar PV*, Maki MAA, Takahje ML, Yeong SW, Lee MT, Abdul Majeed AB. Detection of formation of recombinant human kerotinocyte growth factor chitosan nanoparticles based on its optical properties. Current Nanoscience. 2018; 14: 1 – 10.
- Alshahkas L, Kumar PV*, Yeong SW. Preparation and in vitro Evaluation of Enteric Coated Oral Vancomycin Hydrochloride Sustained Release Formulation with Mucoadhesive Properties. American Journal of Advanced Drug Delivery. 2018; 6 (2): 88 – 99. (doi: 10.21767/2321-547X.1000029).
- Yeong SW*, Choong YC. Knowledge and characteristics of herbal supplement usage among community pharmacy customers in a Malaysian population. Complementary Therapies in Medicine. 2017 Dec; 35: 92 - 108. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ctim.2017.09.005 (ISI Q1 journal; impact factor: 2.013)
- Maki MAA, Kumar PV*, Yeong SW. Optimization and In-vitro Evaluation of Coating Process for Film-Coated Tablets. International Journal of Food Engineering, 13(11). doi:10.1515/ijfe-2017-0016 (Impact factor: 0.923)
- Quah SK, Chin JH*, Akowuah GA, Khalivulla SI, Yeong SW, Sabu MC. Cytotoxicity and cytochrome P450 inhibitory activities of Clinacanthus nutans. Drug Metabol Pers Ther. 2017 Mar 1; 32(1):59-65 7.
- Nusrat Hossain, Palanirajan Vijayaraj Kumar*, Yeong Siew Wei. A comparative study of phytochemical content in air dried and lyophilized Carica papaya leaves. International Journal of Green Pharmacy. 2016; 10 (4): 220 – 227. (Scopus indexed)
- Nusrat Hossain, Palanirajan Vijayaraj Kumar*, Yeong Siew Wei. Dengue and drawbacks of marketed Carica papaya leaves supplements. International Journal of Green Pharmacy. 2016 (S); 10 (1): S72 – S81. (Scopus indexed)
- Babar Z*, Jamshed S, Yeong SW. Examination of Students’ Interest in a Public Health Pharmacy Course in Malaysia. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning. 2011 July; 3 (3). (Scopus indexed)
- Yeong SW*. Jobless pharmacists? The transition in a challenging era of the pharmacy profession. IJASA. 2007 (2): Pg 55 – 56
- Nurjahan MI, Lim TA,* Yeong SW, Foong A, Ware J. Utilization of Information Technology in Medical Education: A Questioannaire Survey of Students in a Malaysian Institution. Medical Journal of Malaysia 2002 Dec; 57 Supplement: E58- E66 (PubMed indexed)
- Nurjahan MI, Lim TA*, Foong A, Yeong SW, Ware J. Computer Literacy in Medical Students. Medical Education (England) 2000; 34 (11); 966. (Scopus indexed; Impact Factor: 3.546)
Founder and advisor of UCSI University’s Annual Public Health Campaign (PHC); since 2002.
Over 12,000 public benefited from the various public health campaigns across 6 states;
18th PHC (2019) “Cancer: Be aware, Prevent, Take action”, (a) JKKK, Batu 11, Cheras (b) Pangsapuri Sri Penara, Bandar Permaisuri, Cheras
17th PHC (2018) “Silent Killer: Chronic Kidney Disease”, Velocity Mall, Cheras
16th PHC (2017) “Lead Your Life to a Healthy Heart”, Sri Cendekia, Taman Connaught, Cheras
15th PHC (2016) “Healthy Living Makes Healthy Body and Mind”, Hatten Square, Melaka
14th PHC (2015) “Prevent Cancer Today, Live a Better Tomorrow”, Giant Supermarket, Bandar Kinrara, Puchong
13th PHC (2014) “Treasure Your Health, Prevent Diabetes”, Giant Hypermarket, Subang Jaya
12th PHC (2013) (a) “Know Your Drugs, Love Your Kidneys, Together We Care”, High School Muar, Johor (b) “ Know Your Drugs, Love Your Kidneys, Together We Care”, My din Mall Meru Raya, Ipoh
11th PHC (2012) “Fit for Life, Let’s Prevent Cancer”, SMK Methodist, Sitiawan
“Fit for Life, Let’s Prevent Cancer”, UCSI University
10th PHC (2011) “Care for Health, Prevent Obesity”, SMJK Chung Hwa, Tampin, NS
“Care for Health, Prevent Obesity”, Berjaya Megamall, Kuantan
9th PHC (2010) (a) “Healthy Lifestyle, Healthy Living”, Community Hall, Kampung Baru, Mambau, Seremban (b) “Healthy Lifestyle, Healthy Living”, Dataran Pahlawan Melaka Megamall, Melaka
8th PHC (2009) (a) “Healthy Living Without Diabetes”, Pandamaran, Klang
(b) “Healthy Living Without Diabetes”, SM St George, Taiping
(c) “Healthy Living Without Diabetes”, Sunway Pyramid, Selangor
7th PHC (2008) “Say “Yes” to a Healthier You”, Sunway Pyramid, Selangor
6th PHC (2007) “A Healthy Lifetyle for a Healthy Heart”, Jaya Jusco, Kinta City, Ipoh
5th PHC (2006) “Healthy Living, Healthy Aging, Start Now”, Sunway Pyramid, Selangor
4th PHC (2005) “Health is Wealth, You Say”, Sunway Pyramid, Selangor
3rd PHC (2004) “Good Health Begins with Oneself”, Jaya Jusco, Taman Maluri, Cheras
2nd PHC (2003) “A Good Health, A Good Heart”, Sunway Pyramid, Selangor
1st PHC (2002) “Public Health Campaign”, Leisure Mall, Cheras
Regional/ International involvement:
Chairperson of the Regional Center of Expertise in Education for Sustainability Development (RCE – ESD) Kuching, endorsed by United Nation University. Since Sept 2018.
Invited speaker by organisations:
(a) Experience of RCE Kuching in ESD for SDG. 11th Tongyeong ESD International Forum “Plastic planet, find the key from Asia-Pacific wisdom: emphasis on the role of education”, 1 November 2019. RCE Tongyeong Sejahtera Center. Venue: Tongyeong, South Korea.
(b) Experience of RCE Kuching in Marina Litter. National Stakeholder Consultation for Reducing Marine Litter by Addressing the Management of the Plastic Value Chain in South East Asia (SEA Circular). 5 & 6 November 2019. Ministry of Energy, Science, Technology, Environment and Climate Change. Venue: Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan.
(c) Research methodology workshop 28 – 29 Oct 2014. Pharmacy Department, Hospital Kuala Lumpur. Venue: HKL
(d) Problems with Breast Cancer Patients using Herbal Products. Breast Cancer Conference 28 - 29 October 2011. Faculty of Medical Sciences, UCSI University. Venue: North Wing campus, UCSI University.