|Approval Code||R2/344/6/0200, 06/2024|
|Accreditation Code||A 9515|
|Subject Area||Accounting & Finance|
|Course Duration||3 Years (14 weeks per semester, 7 weeks per short semester)|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
The Accounting and Finance degree programme provides globally-recognised professional education for students who aim to be professionals in the field. Strongly emphasising the development of analytical skills, the course offers solid grounding and professional competencies in all aspects of accounting and finance required for careers in numerous sectors. This course covers not only in-depth courses relating to accounting and finance, but also focuses on other relevant courses such as business research methods, business communication and management ethics.
Through a fusion of examinations, assignments and projects – including a Final Year Project to be completed during the last year of study – as well as experiential learning, students will acquire the relevant skills to manage local and cross-border issues in complex and challenging business environments. They will also gain valuable industry knowledge from their co-operative placements with top-notch accounting and finance firms.
Graduates will gain entry into the professional level of ACCA and CPA Australia. This course will also equip graduates to pursue further professional qualifications with CFA, CFP, CIMA, ICAEW, MIA, RFP, etc. Relevant electives may be taken to maximise exemptions.
The assessment includes a combination of examinations, projects and assignments, and finally a requirement to complete a dissertation in Independent Project in the final year. Students will acquire up-to-date vocational skills that are relevant and competitive. This reflects the complex and challenging nature of the accounting, finance and business realms.
For the latest issues in Accounting from MIA (Malaysian Institute of Accountants), please access their e-magazine, e-Accountants Today, at https://www.at-mia.my/
Note (Source: Surat Pekeliling MQA Bil 1/2016):
The terms of credit in Mathematics at SPM level for the candidate with STPM, STAM or Matriculation/Foundation qualification can be exempted if the candidate obtained Mathematics and its achievement is equivalent or higher than the required credit of Mathematics at the SPM level.
English Language Requirements
For local student:
- At least MUET Band 2 or IELTS Band 5.5 or TOEFL 550 (A compulsory requirement from MQA)
- Note 2 (Source: JPT/BPP(K) 1000 – 753Jld3 (19)):
English Language requirement for Malaysian candidate with O-level, A-Level, Matriculation/Foundation or Diploma (conducted fully in English) can be exempted.
- A distinction (A+, A, or A-) in the English Language subject at SPM/UEC level. If the English Language requirement is not met, student may be required to take an additional English module(s) prior to or concurrently with the undergraduate program based on the University’s decision.
For international student:
- IELTS minimum Band 5.5
- TOEFL (Internet-based) minimum 46
- Cambridge English Qualification and Test minimum score of 160
- Pearson Test of English minimum score 51
- MUET minimum Band 3
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of Department to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
A-levels principal – 'A' to 'E'
A graduate of this programme would have acquired the necessary basic, integrated and applied skills tailored for a career in accounting and finance. The integration of Accounting, Finance and Business courses also makes this a suitable programme for an individual who wishes to embark on a high-flying career in the corporate world. Potential careers of graduates include the following sectors:
- Financial Consultant
- Stock Broking
- Fund Manager
- Strategic Business Consultancy
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Introductory Accounting
- Statistics and Its Application
- Business Information System
- Management Accounting 1
- Business Communication
- Financial Reporting Standards
- University Life (MPU-U2)
- Business Law - Malaysian Perspective (MPU-U3)/ Other MPU-U3 equivalent courses (MPU-U3)
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 1 (MPU-U4)
- Co-Operative Placement 1
- Business Law
- Management Science
- Capital Financing and Investment
- Corporate Accounts
- Business Research Methods
- Management Accounting 2
- Taxation 1
- Company Law
- Advanced Corporate Accounts
- Corporate Finance
- Management Ethics
- Business Modelling and Spreadsheet
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 2 (MPU-U4)
- Co-Operative Placement 2
- Financial Research Project A
- Strategic Financial Management
- International Business
- Financial Research Project B
- Multinational Finance
- Strategic Management
- Strategic Information Systems Management
- Advanced Management Accounting
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 3 (MPU-U4)
- Co-Operative Placement 3
Elective 1 (Choose Two)
- One to One Marketing
- Auditing 1
- Internet in Practice
Elective 2 (Choose Two)
- Strategic Marketing
- Auditing 2
- Taxation 2
- Issues in Business
- Ethnic Relations
- Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 3
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia
Exempted from 7 papers out of 10 papers
Exempted from 6 papers out of 12 papers
Exempted from 7 papers out of 16 papers
Exempted from 4 papers out of 15 papers
Complete 6 levels to become a Chartered Fellow
Exempted from 6 papers out of 12 papers
Exempted from 9 papers out of 14 papers
ACCA accelerate programme
We are the first seven universities in Malaysia which has a partnership with ACCA Accelerated Programme (AAP). Our students are not only eligible for exemptions for all the 9 Foundation papers but also entitle to enjoy the AAP benefits mention below.
International Degree Pathway (IDP) via BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance
|BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance||2+1||University of the West of England, Bristol||United Kingdom|
For enquiry, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at +603 9101 8880 ext 2066.