|Approval Code||R2/345/6/0449; 04/2024|
|Accreditation Code||A 9777|
|Course Duration||3 Years (14 weeks per semester, 7 weeks per short semester)|
|Intakes||January, May and September (Sarawak Campus only)|
UCSI University’s BA (Hons) in Commerce is a 3-year programme that equips you with operational, supervisory and managerial knowledge and skills, required for modern management of business industry. It covers a wide range of areas from management, sales & marketing, public relation, retailing to human resource management.
The assessment includes a combination of examinations, projects and assignments, and finally a requirement to complete a dissertation in an Independent Project in the final year. Students will acquire up-to-date vocational skills that are relevant and competitive.
English Language Requirements
- A distinction (A+, A or A-) in the English Language subject at SPM/UEC level; or MUET BAND 3; or IELTS BAND5.0; or TOEFL IBT 42; or Pearson Test of English Test of 47; or Cambridge English Qualification and Test Minimum Score of 154.
In the event that the English Language Requirements are not met, student may be required to undertake additional English module(s) prior to or concurrently with the undergraduate programme, based on the University’s decision.
International students holding equivalent academic qualifications but which are not conducted in English, are required to sit for the English Placement Test, which may result in the taking of the Certificate in English programme (1 to 10 months). Students who intend to pursue the above undergraduate programme directly, are advised to fulfil the above English requirements prior to commencing their studies at the University.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
'A' Levels principal – 'A' to 'E'
- General Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Banking and Business Manager
- Retail Manager
- Strategic Business Planner
- Management Executive
- Operation Manager
- Business Consultant
- Financial Accounting
- Marketing Management
- Business Mathematics
- University Life (MPU-U2)
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience 1 (MPU-U4)
- Business Communication
- Business Statistics
- Introduction to Management and Organisation Theory
- Malaysian Ethnic Food (MPU-U3)
- Management Accounting
- Business Law
- Management Information System
- Business Research Method
- Electronic Commerce
- Corporate Finance
- Operation Management
- Organisation Behaviour
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience 2 (MPU-U4)
- Relationship Marketing
- Human Resource Management
- Cross Cultural Studies
- Web Design
- Co-operative Placement I
- Elective : Choose One
- Japanese Language
- German Language
- Mandarin Language
- Korean Language
- Strategic Management
- Merchandise Management
- Independent Project A
- Retail Technology and Operations
- International Trade Strategies
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience 3 (MPU-U4)
- Introduction to Retail and Service Management
- Logistics Management
- Independent Project B
- Services Marketing
- Business Analysis and System Development
- Co-operative Placement 2
General Courses (MPU) are compulsory for all students.
- Ethnic Relations
- Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 3
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
BA (Hons) Accounting – exempted from 6 papers out of 12 papers
BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance – exempted from 6 papers out of 12 papers
Complete 6 levels to become a Chartered Fellow