|Approval Code||N/212/4/0055; 02/2023|
|Classification||Dip Music Teaching|
|Subject Area||Music Teaching|
|Course Mode||Full Time|
|Course Duration||2.5 years|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May, September|
A programme curated for all aspiring music teachers, we set out to provide a comprehensive and relevant, yet wholesome syllabus that encompasses theory, aural and pedagogical aspects of the field which in return, would meet professional expectations and demands.
In addition to theoretical learning and harmony, we also provide real-world and practical subjects that explore the spheres of excellent teaching practice that enables various philosophies of education.
Students will acquire impressive instrumental and/or classroom teachings through our specialized core subjects offered in the programme.
Candidates may be admitted into the music programs by meeting BOTH academic and music requirements below:
Candidates must meet either of the following requirements:
MUSIC AUDITION REQUIREMENTS
|Performance Audition (Auditions are conducted at least 1 month before the start of the semester)|
|Aural Diagnostic Test|
|Theory Diagnostic Test|
English Language Requirements
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
A-Level principal – 'A' to 'E'
For Local Students
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum grade of B+ in SPM English Language; or a minimum grade of C in SPM English Language 1119/O-Level English/IGCSE; or a minimum grade of A2 in UEC English language; or minimum Band 3 of MUET.
- In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum Band 3 of MUET; or minimum score of 5.0 in IELTS; or minimum score of 42 in TOEFL iBT; or minimum score of 47 in Pearson Test of English; or minimum score of 154 in Cambridge English Qualifications and Tests.
- Applicants who have an academic qualification from a higher learning institution which uses the English Language as a medium of instruction may be granted an exemption from the University English Language requirements.
- Choir 1-4 or Orchestra 1-4
- Recital Attendance 1-4
- Masterclass Attendance 1-4
- Theory Rudiments 1-2
- Theory Studies 1-2 or Jazz Theory Studies 1-2
- Aural Training 1-4
- Keyboard Harmony
- Music Listening Skills
- Music in Malaysia – A Survey
- Classical Music Survey or Popular Music and Jazz Survey
- Major Instrument 1-5
- Minor Instrument 1-2
- Introduction to Music Notation and Sequencing
- Introduction to Music Technology
- Approaches to Teaching 1-2
- Theories of Learning
- Instrumental Pedagogy
- Micro Macro Teaching
- Teaching Project
- Teaching Internship
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience 1-2
- Professional Skills
- Malaysian Eco-Tourism
- Malaysian Studies or Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.