|Approval Code||N/212/4/0055; 02/2023|
|Classification||Dip Music Teaching|
|Subject Area||Music Teaching|
|Course Mode||Full Time|
|Course Duration||2.5 years|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May, September|
A programme curated for all aspiring music teachers, we set out to provide a comprehensive and relevant, yet wholesome syllabus that encompasses theory, aural and pedagogical aspects of the field which in return, would meet professional expectations and demands.
In addition to theoretical learning and harmony, we also provide real-world and practical subjects that explore the spheres of excellent teaching practice that enables various philosophies of education.
Students will acquire impressive instrumental and/or classroom teachings through our specialized core subjects offered in the programme.
Candidates may be admitted into the music programs by meeting BOTH academic and music requirements below:
Candidates must meet either of the following requirements:
MUSIC AUDITION REQUIREMENTS
|Performance Audition (Auditions are conducted at least 1 month before the start of the semester)|
|Aural Diagnostic Test|
|Theory Diagnostic Test|
English Language Requirements for International Students
- A score of TOEFL iBT with a minimum score of 30-31 or IELTS with a minimum score of 4.0 or MUET with a minimum score of Band 2, or
- Pearson test of English with a minimum score of 36 or Cambridge English Qualification and Tests with a minimum score of 140, or
- Candidates who uses their academic requirement from institutions that uses English as the language of instruction are exempted from requirement (1)
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
'A' Levels principal – 'A' to 'E'
- Choir 1-4 or Orchestra 1-4
- Recital Attendance 1-4
- Masterclass Attendance 1-4
- Theory Rudiments 1-2
- Theory Studies 1-2 or Jazz Theory Studies 1-2
- Aural Training 1-4
- Keyboard Harmony
- Music Listening Skills
- Music in Malaysia – A Survey
- Classical Music Survey or Popular Music and Jazz Survey
- Major Instrument 1-5
- Minor Instrument 1-2
- Introduction to Music Notation and Sequencing
- Introduction to Music Technology
- Approaches to Teaching 1-2
- Theories of Learning
- Instrumental Pedagogy
- Micro Macro Teaching
- Teaching Project
- Teaching Internship
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience 1-2
- Professional Skills
- Malaysian Eco-Tourism
- Malaysian Studies or Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.