|Approval Code||N/214/4/017; 11/2021|
|Subject Area||Fashion Design|
|Course Duration||2 Years|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
This course offers an introduction to Textile Design and its relationship with Fashion Design. Students benefit from this as they can learn both Textile and Fashion Design.
This is a well-constructed learning and training programme that is specially designed to bring out the hidden talent of any individual who is passionate about textile art, fabric, print techniques, tie-dye, weaving and fashion design.
At ICAD, we motivate and develop students’ interests into skills that prepare them well for the industry. We engage students through project based, multi-disciplinary educational experiences that go beyond the normal classroom teaching methods which will build up the confidence of students.
The creative learning process where knowledge is shaped by experience and realistic situations is part of the Textile and Fashion Design course. Exploration and experimentation will be a part of daily class activities.
There will be a variety of career choices because of the special structure of this programme which does not just focus on Textile, but also on Fashion Design.
Assignments, skill based final projects, quizzes, tests, presentations, mid-term and final exams
- A review of the Art/Design portfolio (6 sets of art work/A4 size) will be required in assessing the knowledge and skills for admission level purposes.
Career Opportunities in Diploma in Textile and Fashion Design;
- Textile Technologist
- Textile Colour Technologist
- Garment Technologist
- Fashion Buyer
- Fashion Merchandiser
- Fashion Marketing
- Fashion Designer
- Textile Designer
- Visual Merchandiser
- Carpet Designer
- Homes/Interior Designer
- Upholsterer Designer
- Textile Artist
- Textile Tutor/Lecturer
- Design Project 1 - Development and Presentation
- Design Project 1 - Production and Realisation
- Fashion Illustration 2
- Batik Canting
- Silk Screen Printing
- Business Law-Malaysian Perspective (MPU-U3)
- Design Major Project 2 - Research and Design Portfolio
- Design Major Project 2 - Production and Realisation
- Fashion Entrepreneurship
- Ideation and Innovation
- Fashion Retailing
- Extra-Curricular Learning Experience 2 (MPU-U4)
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A(MPU-2)*SPM Student without credit in BM
- Cooperative Placement 2
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.