Faculty/Department: De Institute of Creative Arts and Design
Campus: Kuala Lumpur
UCSI University’s De Institute of Creative Arts and Design - or better known by its acronym ICAD - is an exceptional place to learn and explore the visual arts, art history, and art education. Catering to the needs of the rapidly changing creative industry, ICAD offers unique art, fashion courses, multimedia and web design programmes that seek to equip students with fundamental knowledge, creativity and competencies needed in today’s dynamic marketplace.
This position requires commitment to teaching, research & scholarly activities and contribution to programme administration and management.
Teaching Duties and Responsibilities
A Lecturer in the Digital Media department will be responsible for teaching/lecturing:
- Courses in the 3D Animation Design, Games Design, and Multimedia programmes.
- Related courses in other programmes that share courses with the Digital Media department programmes.
- Courses in the postgraduate programmes, if academically qualified, and to supervise postgraduate students.
Research, publications, and engagement
- To contribute to a positive research environment and active research profile within the Department.
- To facilitate, initiate, and/or contribute to, within available resources, the development of research, consultancy and scholarly activities which will enhance the academic reputation of the Department and contribute to the personal development of academic staff.
- To facilitate, initiate, and/or contribute to, staff across the Department to engage in inter-disciplinary working within the Department and the Faculty/University more widely.
- To promote, facilitate, and/or contribute to, the achievement of yearly research, publication, networking, and other QS/MyRA goals within the Department and Faculty.
- PhD in related field with working industrial experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years teaching experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Pro-active and self motivated, with the ability to work independently as well as participate within the team.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, possess a mature attitude and a good team player.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and abilities.