Student Development & Counselling Department (SDCD)
Student Development & Counselling Department (SDCD) focuses on helping students in dealing with the challenges and difficulties in their study journey as well as guiding and empowering them in overcoming challenges.
We aim to cater students’ needs psychologically and in their academic development. We believe every student is a unique individual with unlimited ability to excel and achieve their highest potential for their future. With that, we are here to provide a wide range of counselling services.
It entails a one-to-one session with a counsellor at UCSI University. Personal counselling provides a respectful, supportive and confidential environment, where students can openly talk about their concerns and feelings.
Students able to send counselling request through UCSI IIS Student Portal (New Counselling Request)
Group counselling session consists of between two to twelve people, and is moderated by a counsellor. Group members get together for a planned session. Joining a group counselling enables them to learn more about themselves through the eyes of others, share experiences, as well as listen and give support to other members.
One of the channel for students to share their concerns with counsellor when they have difficulty to spare time because of a full time-table or are fully-occupied with internship or part-time work.
Students able to access to e-counselling service through HERE
Students will be referred by faculties and other departments regarding various aspects with the objective to assist them in achieving success in their academic.
Psychological assessments/tool are used to understand your behaviour, personality, and capabilities using combinations of techniques. We in SDCD, are well trained to employ the following assessments/tool during counselling sessions..DISC Assessment
- For 30+ years, the DISC Profile has open the doors to understanding the dynamics that influence communication and positive relationships. The foundation for success lies in understanding yourself, understanding others and realising the impact of your behaviour on people. DISC focuses on four behavioural dimensions namely, D: Dominance, I: Influence, S: Steadiness and C: Conscientiousness.
- The SDS can help you make the best career decisions wherever you are in your life. It has been used by more than 30 million people worldwide and has been translated into more than 25 different languages. SDS results are supported by more than 500 research studies.
- Discover yourself from hearing your inner voice. The use of the OH cards addresses two spheres of experience, to put you in touch with yourself and to put you in touch with those around you.
Different types of activities were prepared and conducted for students with the aim to assist them in improving their life skills – skills that are crucial in enhancing their personal well-being as well as their ability to succeed in all areas of life.Personal Development Programmes (PDP)
- PDP programmes are prepared to help students to develop and improve necessary skills that needed in order to become a competent person. This programme will able to unleash their potential towards creating the better future.
- This programme focuses to cater the needs of the targeted group of people within UCSI University in order to help them to adapt and adjust to the needs of the environment and preparing them towards the successful academic journey in UCSI University.
- This programme was developed with the objective to create and increase the awareness among the students about the importance of the mental health and assist them to take the necessary steps to obtain the right resources on time.
We help students cope with crisis and trauma by providing immediate assistance, resource and support, followed by counselling and debriefing sessions.