The Diploma in 3D Animation Design provides students with a solid foundation in the field of 3D animation. Designed to foster a passion of lifelong learning and to groom students to be leaders in their professional career, the programme equips learners with fundamental competencies and technical skills in 3D animation and the relevant interdisciplinary creative industries.
Presentations, quizzes, tests, mid-term exams, final year exams, folio and assignments, among others.
Minimum THREE (3) Credits
Minimum Grade C in THREE (3) Subjects
Minimum Grade C in TWO (2) Subjects (GP 2.00)
Minimum Grade D in TWO (2) Subjects
Minimum Grade B in THREE (3) Subjects
SKM Level 3 in related field. Pass in SPM with 1 Credit
Minimum 3 pieces of artwork are required for review
Other Equivalent Qualification
Which are recognised by the Malaysian Government
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.SPM Credit – 'A+' to 'C'
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
STPM principal – 'A' to 'C'
A-Level principal – 'A' to 'E'
English Language Requirements
For Local Students
SPM English LanguageGrade B+
SPM English Language 1119/O-Level/IGCSEGrade C
UEC English LanguageGrade A2
- In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
For International Students
Pearson Test of English36
TOEFL IBT30 - 31
Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)140
- International applicants who do not meet the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement will need to improve their proficiency by enrolling into the English for Tertiary Education programme (R/KJP/00920-00920) which helps them prepare for attaining a required band score. Placement into the various levels of the English for Tertiary Education programme depends on the English Language qualification students have at the point of admission and / or the outcome of the English Placement Test.
- The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking the additional English proficiency courses.
- Fundamental of Drawing I
- Fundamental of Painting
- Principles of Design
- History of Art & Design
- Creative Thinking Skills
- Extra-curricular Learning Experiences 1 (MPU-U4)
- Fundamental of Drawing II
- Study Skills and Employability (MPU-U2)
- Design Communication
- Business Communication
- Digital Imaging
- Digital Photography
- History of Animation
- Marketing and Consumer Behaviour
- 2D Animation
- Digital Art
- 3D Modelling
- Extra-curricular Learning Experiences 2 (MPU-U4)
- Theory of Digital Animation
- 3D Animation
- Motion Graphics
- Business Law – Malaysian Perspective
- Audio Visual Technology
- Creative Portfolio Creation
- Ideation & Innovation
- Industry Placement
- Appreciation of Ethics and Civilisations
(Penghayatan Etika dan Peradaban)
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 2
(Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2)
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
The graduates are equipped and ready for the industry in the areas of
- Advertising Agencies
- Multimedia Labs
- Design Studios
- Game Studios
- Post Production Studios
- Corporate Art Departments
- Television Network Stations
- Animation Houses