|Approval Code||R/214/4/0081; 06/2023|
|Subject Area||Fashion Design|
|Course Duration||2 Years|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
The Diploma in Fashion Design emphasises the broad framework of Fashion Design disciplines. Designed to nurture Fashion Designers who are versatile and dedicated to their profession, the programme equips students with fundamental competencies and design knowledge in the fashion frontier.
Presentations, quizzes, tests, mid-term exams, final year exams, folio and assignments among others.
* Pass Portfolio Assessment.
- IELTS minimum Band 5.0
- TOEFL (Paper based) minimum score 500
- TOEFL (Internet based) minimum score 40
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) minimum score 180
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) minimum score 180
- Pearson Test of English minimum score 42
- MUET minimum Band 2
- In the event that the English Language Requirements are not met, student may be required to undertake additional English module(s) prior to or concurrently with the undergraduate programme, based on the University’s decision.
International students holding equivalent academic qualifications but which are not conducted in English, are required to sit for the English Placement Test, which may result in the taking of the Certificate in English programme (1 to 10 months). Students who intend to pursue the above undergraduate programme directly, are advised to fulfil the above English requirements prior to commencing their studies at the University.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
'A' Levels principal – 'A' to 'E'
The graduates are equipped and ready for the industry in the areas of
- Fashion Designer
- Fashion Buyer
- Visual Merchandiser
- Product Developer
- Fashion Entrepreneur
- Fashion Market Researcher
- Fashion Promoter
- Window Display Artist (Fashion)
- Pattern Maker
- History of Art & Design
- Basic Design
- Creative Thinking Skills
- Fundamentals of Drawing 1
- Study Skills & Employability (MPU - U2)
- Extra-curricular Learning Experiences 1 (MPU - U4)
- Fundamentals of Drawing 2
- Fashion Design Application
- Pattern Construction & Sewing
- History of Costume
- Visual Merchandising
- Textile Technology
- Basic Digital Fashion
- Fashion Design - Development and Presentation
- Pattern Making and Fashion Sewing 1
- Fashion Illustration l
- Draping Techniques
- Marketing & Consumer Behaviour
- Extra-curricular Learning Experiences 2 (MPU - U4)
- Final Major Project – Research & Design Portfolio
- Pattern Making and Fashion Sewing 2
- Fashion Illustration 2
- Fashion Retailing
- Ideation & Innovation
- Cooperative Placement
- Business Communication
- Business Law – Malaysian Perspective
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 2
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
International Degree Pathway (IDP) via Diploma in Fashion Design
|BA (Hons) Fashion Design with Marketing & Production / Fashion & Textiles Buying Management / Fashion Communication & Promotion||Diploma + 2||University of Huddersfield||United Kingdom||£ 13000|
For enquiry, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at +603 9101 8880 ext 2066.