The Diploma in Fashion Design emphasises the broad framework of fashion design disciplines. Designed to nurture fashion designers who are versatile and dedicated to their profession, the programme equips students with fundamental competencies and 2 design knowledge in the fashion frontier.
* This programme received a 100% graduate employability score in the Ministry of Higher Education’s Graduate Employability 2022. (Source: ge.mohe.gov.my/)
Presentations, quizzes, tests, mid-term exams, final year exams, folio and assignments among others.
Minimum THREE (3) Credits
Minimum Grade C in THREE (3) Subjects
Minimum Grade C in TWO (2) Subjects (GP 2.00)
Minimum Grade D in TWO (2) Subjects
Minimum Grade B in THREE (3) Subjects
SKM Level 3 in related field. Pass in SPM with 1 Credit
Minimum 3 pieces of artwork are required for review
Other Equivalent Qualification
Which are recognised by the Malaysian Government
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.SPM Credit – 'A+' to 'C'
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
STPM principal – 'A' to 'C'
A-Level principal – 'A' to 'E'
English Language Requirements
For Local Students
SPM English LanguageGrade B+
SPM English Language 1119/O-Level/IGCSEGrade C
UEC English LanguageGrade A2
- In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
For International Students
Pearson Test of English36
TOEFL IBT30 - 31
Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)140
- International applicants who do not meet the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement will need to improve their proficiency by enrolling into the English for Tertiary Education programme (R/KJP/00920-00920) which helps them prepare for attaining a required band score. Placement into the various levels of the English for Tertiary Education programme depends on the English Language qualification students have at the point of admission and / or the outcome of the English Placement Test.
- The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking the additional English proficiency courses.
- History of Art & Design
- Principles of Design
- Creative Thinking Skills
- Fundamentals of Drawing 1
- Fundamentals of Drawing 2
- Fashion Design Application
- Study Skills & Employability (MPU - U2)
- Extra-curricular Learning Experiences 1 (MPU - U4)
- Pattern Construction & Sewing
- History of Costume
- Visual Merchandising
- Textile Technology
- CAD for Basic Fashion
- Fashion Design - Development and Presentation
- Pattern Making and Fashion Sewing 1
- Fashion Illustration l
- Draping Techniques
- Marketing & Consumer Behaviour
- Extra-curricular Learning Experiences 2 (MPU - U4)
- Final Major Project – Research & Design Portfolio
- Pattern Making and Fashion Sewing 2
- Fashion Illustration 2
- Fashion Retailing
- Ideation & Innovation
- Cooperative Placement
- Business Communication
- Business Law – Malaysian Perspective
- Appreciation of Ethics and Civilisations
(Penghayatan Etika dan Peradaban)
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 2
(Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2)
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
The graduates are equipped and ready for the industry in the areas of
- Fashion Designer
- Fashion Buyer
- Visual Merchandiser
- Product Developer
- Fashion Entrepreneur
- Fashion Market Researcher
- Fashion Promoter
- Window Display Artist (Fashion)
- Pattern Maker
|BA (Hons) Fashion Design with Marketing & Production / Fashion & Textiles Buying Management / Fashion Communication & Promotion||Diploma + 2||University of Huddersfield||United Kingdom||£ 13000|
For enquiry, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at +603 9101 8880 ext 2066.