|Approval Code||R/214/4/0081; 06/2023|
|Subject Area||Fashion Design|
|Course Duration||2 Years|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
The Diploma in Fashion Design emphasises the broad framework of Fashion Design disciplines. Designed to nurture Fashion Designers who are versatile and dedicated to their profession, the programme equips students with fundamental competencies and design knowledge in the fashion frontier.
Presentations, quizzes, tests, mid-term exams, final year exams, folio and assignments among others.
* Pass Portfolio Assessment.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
A-Level principal – 'A' to 'E'
English Language RequirementsFor Local Students (Diploma and Degree)
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum grade of B+ in SPM English Language; or a minimum grade of C in SPM English Language 1119/O-Level English/IGCSE; or a minimum grade of A2 in UEC English language; or minimum Band 3 of MUET.
- In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum Band 2 in MUET (Malaysian University English Test); or a minimum Band 5.0 in IELTS; or a minimum score of 500 in TOEFL (Paper based); or a minimum score of 40 in TOEFL (Internet based); or a minimum score of 180 in Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE); or a minimum score of 180 in Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE); or a minimum score of 42 in Pearson Test of English.
- International applicants who do not meet the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement will need to improve their proficiency by enrolling into the English for Tertiary Education programme (R/KJP/00920-00920) which helps them prepare for attaining a required band score. Placement into the various levels of the English for Tertiary Education programme depends on the English Language qualification students have at the point of admission and / or the outcome of the English Placement Test.
- The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking the additional English proficiency courses.
The graduates are equipped and ready for the industry in the areas of
- Fashion Designer
- Fashion Buyer
- Visual Merchandiser
- Product Developer
- Fashion Entrepreneur
- Fashion Market Researcher
- Fashion Promoter
- Window Display Artist (Fashion)
- Pattern Maker
- History of Art & Design
- Basic Design
- Creative Thinking Skills
- Fundamentals of Drawing 1
- Study Skills & Employability (MPU - U2)
- Extra-curricular Learning Experiences 1 (MPU - U4)
- Fundamentals of Drawing 2
- Fashion Design Application
- Pattern Construction & Sewing
- History of Costume
- Visual Merchandising
- Textile Technology
- Basic Digital Fashion
- Fashion Design - Development and Presentation
- Pattern Making and Fashion Sewing 1
- Fashion Illustration l
- Draping Techniques
- Marketing & Consumer Behaviour
- Extra-curricular Learning Experiences 2 (MPU - U4)
- Final Major Project – Research & Design Portfolio
- Pattern Making and Fashion Sewing 2
- Fashion Illustration 2
- Fashion Retailing
- Ideation & Innovation
- Cooperative Placement
- Business Communication
- Business Law – Malaysian Perspective
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 2
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
International Degree Pathway (IDP) via Diploma in Fashion Design
|BA (Hons) Fashion Design with Marketing & Production / Fashion & Textiles Buying Management / Fashion Communication & Promotion||Diploma + 2||University of Huddersfield||United Kingdom||£ 13000|
For enquiry, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at +603 9101 8880 ext 2066.