The Diploma in Fashion Design emphasises the broad framework of fashion design disciplines. Designed to nurture fashion designers who are versatile and dedicated to their profession, the programme equips students with fundamental competencies and 2 design knowledge in the fashion frontier.
* This programme received a 100% graduate employability score in the Ministry of Higher Education’s Graduate Employability 2020. (Source: ge.mohe.gov.my/)
Presentations, quizzes, tests, mid-term exams, final year exams, folio and assignments among others.
Candidates must meet either of the following requirements:
Pass SPM with minimum 3 subject Grade C
Pass UEC with minimum 3 subject Grade B
Minimum 3 subject Grade C
Any other equivalent qualification
* Pass Portfolio Assessment.
English Language Requirements
For Local Students
SPM English LanguageGrade B+
SPM English Language 1119/O-Level/IGCSEGrade C
UEC English LanguageGrade A2
- In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
For International Students
Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)180
Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)180
Pearson Test of English42
- International applicants who do not meet the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement will need to improve their proficiency by enrolling into the English for Tertiary Education programme (R/KJP/00920-00920) which helps them prepare for attaining a required band score. Placement into the various levels of the English for Tertiary Education programme depends on the English Language qualification students have at the point of admission and / or the outcome of the English Placement Test.
- The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking the additional English proficiency courses.
- History of Art & Design
- Basic Design
- Creative Thinking Skills
- Fundamentals of Drawing 1
- Study Skills & Employability (MPU - U2)
- Extra-curricular Learning Experiences 1 (MPU - U4)
- Fundamentals of Drawing 2
- Fashion Design Application
- Pattern Construction & Sewing
- History of Costume
- Visual Merchandising
- Textile Technology
- Basic Digital Fashion
- Fashion Design - Development and Presentation
- Pattern Making and Fashion Sewing 1
- Fashion Illustration l
- Draping Techniques
- Marketing & Consumer Behaviour
- Extra-curricular Learning Experiences 2 (MPU - U4)
- Final Major Project – Research & Design Portfolio
- Pattern Making and Fashion Sewing 2
- Fashion Illustration 2
- Fashion Retailing
- Ideation & Innovation
- Cooperative Placement
- Business Communication
- Business Law – Malaysian Perspective
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 2
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
The graduates are equipped and ready for the industry in the areas of
- Fashion Designer
- Fashion Buyer
- Visual Merchandiser
- Product Developer
- Fashion Entrepreneur
- Fashion Market Researcher
- Fashion Promoter
- Window Display Artist (Fashion)
- Pattern Maker
|BA (Hons) Fashion Design with Marketing & Production / Fashion & Textiles Buying Management / Fashion Communication & Promotion||Diploma + 2||University of Huddersfield||United Kingdom||£ 13000|
For enquiry, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at +603 9101 8880 ext 2066.