The Doctor of Philosophy (Business Management) is more than a defining business credential. It’s a catalyst for change. Designed with top executives, high-potential leaders and business owners in mind, this comprehensive programme hones your business acumen and leadership skills.... Ultimately, this programme is designed to provide you with freedom – the freedom to think, to take risks, to make the smarter decisions and lead change.
At UCSI, you will enjoy access to a large repository of case studies and your thinking will be razor-sharp as you analyse and address present and future challenges in the industry. You will work alongside academics and research mentors who are at the forefront of knowledge. The intellectual environment at the Faculty leaves no stone unturned and no theory or idea is taken for granted. Disciplined thinking will become a way of life. And as you comprehend the fundamental assumptions that are imperative in each successful business and the underlying forces that make them work, you’ll be empowered to take your career and company where it should be – the next level
Designed with top executives, high-potential leaders and business owners in mind, this comprehensive programme hones your business acumen and leadership skills. You will be thoroughly exposed to substantive knowledge in your chosen area of specialisation, sound methodologies and scientific methods, ethical and professional practices in research, as well as opportunities to hone your leadership qualities, teamwork, interpersonal and organisational skills. You’ll leave no stone unturned as you grasp the fundamental assumptions that makes business work. Disciplined thinking will become a way of life. And as you make the smarter decisions, you’ll be empowered to take your career where it should be — the next level. Don't just deal with change. Lead it with the PhD in Business and Management.
The UCSI Advantage
- Work With Experts: Our academics are at the forefront of their respective disciplines. Many lead far-reaching research endeavours and are recipients of prestigious research grants.
- A Global Approach: UCSI regularly hosts international assessors and academics as visiting research fellows and adjunct professors who may act as co-supervisors.
- Strong Industry Links: UCSI runs the nation’s widest university-industry network with over 4,000 corporate partners to facilitate networking, knowledge exchange, and collaboration.
This postgraduate programme provides a stimulating and active learning experience via a dynamic combination of lectures, tutorials, case studies, projects, and research. Students may also look forward to a collaborative and convivial environment as they engage - and work alongside - leading academics and fellow high-achieving professionals.
i. A master’s degree in the field or related fields accepted by the HEP Senate; or
ii. Other qualifications equivalent to a master’s degree recognised by the Government of Malaysia.
iii. Candidates without a related qualification in the field/s or working experience in the relevant fields must undergo appropriate prerequisite courses determined by the HEP.
* Applicable to all Doctoral programmes including Doctoral Degree by Retrospective or prior publication and TVET.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS minimum Band 6.0
- TOEFL (Internet-based) minimum 60
- Cambridge English Qualification and Test minimum score of 169
- Pearson Test of English minimum score 59
- MUET minimum Band 4
- Understanding and Appreciating Research*
- Research Methodology*
- Entrepreneurship, Creativity and Innovation*
- Postgraduate Colloquium
- PhD Thesis
The comprehensive and analytical nature of this programme paves the way for careers as academicians in universities, consultants or researchers in government agencies or in the private sector, corporate leaders, entrepreneurs, as well as managerial roles in just about any industry.