Designed to provide graduates with advanced knowledge and a range of specialised skill sets to be an eﬀective educator, the Master of Education oﬀered at UCSI University is a research and practical oriented based programme. It is designed to enhance your professional practice and help you make a positive difference in the classroom or within the education industry.... Various teaching and pedagogical models of instruction, curriculum development and research skills will be emphasized. In line with the current shift towards a knowledge-based economy to develop competent and academically qualiﬁed educators, the programme nurtures independent thinkers to adapt and manage their roles eﬀectively, be equipped with criticality in thinking as well as problem-solving skills. The programme will be delivered by prominent and experienced Professors, Associate Professors and Adjunct Professors from esteemed local and international institutions.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent, with a minimum CGPA of 2.75
- A Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent, with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 and those not meeting CGPA of 2.75, can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment;
- A Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent, not meeting CGPA of 2.50, can be accepted subject to a minimum of five (5) years working experience in a relevant field.
- Applicants who are not from the education background are required to enroll and pass two (2) ‘bridging courses’ - Philosophy of Education and Sociology of Education as a prerequisite.
- Applicants applying through Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) must be Malaysian citizens aged 30 years and above in the year of application, with relevant work experience/ prior experiential learning and pass the APEL assessment.
English Language Requirements
For Local Students:
For International Students:
- Research Methods in Education
- Thesis Writing
- Dissertation 1
- Dissertation 2
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Educational Psychology
- Educational Technology and Multimedia
- Assessment and Feedback in Education
- Critical Practices of Teaching and Learning
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.