Under UCSI University’s Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, the MQA-approved Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Chemistry aims to produce professional and ethical graduates who are capable of contributing to the local and global science & technology industry for the advancement of quality pharmaceutical products, research and development.... The programme seeks to instill learners with life-long learning to develop creative, critical problem-solving skills with good communication, management and leadership skills.
Using a mixed-mode structure, this structural combination of coursework and dissertation oﬀers advanced knowledge in pharmaceutical analytical techniques, as well as ‘elective’ management courses under the Faculty of Business & Information Science. To facilitate teaching and learning, UCSI University provides computer labs, teaching / research laboratories, a library equipped with online database search services, modern postgraduate teaching and research instruments, as well as highly dedicated experienced academics and active researchers. The programme also stipulates the completion of individual research projects over several months.
* This programme received a 100% graduate employability score in the Ministry of Higher Education’s Graduate Employability 2020. (Source: ge.mohe.gov.my/)
BSc in Pharmacy OR a B. Pharm (Hons) degree or equivalent undergraduate degree in related field.
Minimum CGPA of 2.75.
Five (5) years relevant working experience is required for applicants who do not meet the minimum CGPA.
English Language Requirements
For Local & International Students
Pearson Test of English51
Cambridge English Qualifications and TestsLinguaskill Online score: 160
Occupational English Test (OET): 200
- Applicants who are pursuing Bachelor’s degree in other universities that use English as the medium of instruction can be exempted from the above requirements. International applicants who do not meet the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement will need to improve their proficiency by enrolling into the English for Tertiary Education programme (R/KJP/00920-00929) which helps them prepare for attaining a required band score. Placement into the various levels of the English for Tertiary Education programme depends on the English Language qualification students have at the point of admission and/or the outcome of the English Placement Test.
- The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking the additional English proficiency courses.
- Research Methodology
- Chemistry of Drug Design and Discovery
- Advanced Separation Sciences
- Research I*
- Chemical Informatics (Elective)
- Drug Synthesis (Elective)
- Advances in Spectroscopy
- Research II*
*The duration of candidature is dependent on the completion of taught courses and progress of research project.
**Duration of Research II is subjected to progress and completion of research project.
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
Graduates may work in manufacturing, quality control, research and development, or in marketing or management; in the government services at drug regulatory agencies, hospitals or clinical chemistry laboratories; or as pharmaceutical education lecturers or researchers. The Master of Science Pharmaceutical Chemistry graduates can also advance further into various academic opportunities worldwide in research and academics.
Approximate Total Fees:
Approximate Total Fees: