Senior Professor Ts Dr Ooi Keng Boon, Dean of UCSI University’s Graduate Business School has received many accolades and awards in the past few years, especially in the fields of Information Systems, Mobile Technology and Technology Adoption.
In recognition of his outstanding academic leadership achievements, Senior Professor Ooi has received the Highly Commended Award in the Research/Academic category from his alma mater, the University of Southern Queensland (USQ), Australia at the Alumnus of the Year Awards Ceremony in 2016. He was also honoured with Malaysia’s Distinguished Researcher Award in 2019 by the Private Education Co-operative of Malaysia (with support from the Ministry of Education Malaysia and Emerald Publishing Limited (UK)).
Additionally, he was Malaysia’s Research Star Award (MRSA) recipient in 2018 and was recognised as one of Malaysia’s most promising and influential researchers presented by both Malaysia’s Ministry of Education and Clarivate Analytics (UK).
Senior Professor Ooi is a Professional Technologists (P. Tech.) with the Malaysia Board of Technologists (MBOT). He is also a Fellow Member of the Royal Statistical Society, UK and was recently appointed as A Fellow of The Academy of Sciences Malaysia.
Senior Professor Ooi has received over 13000 citations (based on Google Scholar Citations count, from 2005-present) from diverse authors and journals across information sciences and industrial management. As of today, his H-index is as follows: Clarivate Analytics (H-index) = 44; Scopus (H-index) = 51; Google Scholar Citations (H-index) = 66.
Here is a list of Senior Professor Ooi’s recent rankings and recognitions:
- Ranked as the World’s Top 2% Scientists (in the field of Business and Management and under the subfields of Information Systems) by the 2019 Stanford University List based on an article published by Ioannidis et. al., (2020) Updated science-wide author databases of standardized citation indicators. PLoS Biol 18(10): e3000918. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pbio.3000918
- Acknowledged as one of the Top World Authors and High Impact Researchers (ranked #6) in the topic "Technology Acceptance Model; Mobile Payment; UTAUT" by Elsevier. The ranking was based on Scopus-indexed publications between 2015 and 2020 whereby his papers have been cited over 7 times in the world average levels based on Elsevier’s Scopus and SciVal.
- Ranked 1st in the Top 10 World’s Most Productive Authors publishing on Mobile Commerce in an article published by Du, S., and Li, H., (2019), “The Knowledge Mapping of Mobile Commerce Research: A Visual Analysis Based on I-Model”, Sustainability (MDPI; SSCI), March 2019, 11 (6), 1580.
- Rated as The World’s Top 5 Most Productive and Influential Authors (ranked #4) in the Journal of Industrial Management & Data Systems (IMDS) (Emerald, UK; SCIE) over the past 25 years (1994-2018) in Web of Science. This recognition was based on an article entitled “The evolution of Industrial Management & Data Systems over the past 25 years: A bibliometric overview” by Wang et al., (2019), Vol. 119, Issue 1, pp. 2-34.
- Ranked 42nd in the Top 50 Most Productive and influential Authors globally in Knowledge Management in Web of Science from 1961 to 2015, based on an article entitled “Knowledge Management: A global examination based on bibliometric analysis”, Technological Forecasting & Social Change (Elsevier, USA; SSCI) by Magaly Gaviria-Marin et al., (2019), 140, March 2019, pp. 194-220