UCSI University’s Institute of Music is Malaysia’s premier music school in both the classical and contemporary fields. The Institute has empowered students to chart careers in music for more than 25 years and it is at the heart of the Malaysian music industry.
There is perhaps no other music school in Malaysia that is more constantly and consistently referred to than the Institute of Music. Much of this stems from the gold standard the Institute has set, both in academia and the industry. Many of the who’s who in the Malaysian music circle teach, once taught or studied at the Institute.... Accomplished musicians from around the world are also part of the academic faculty. The Institute has opened doors for more than 770 students to date and it continues to do so for hundreds of aspiring musicians each year. Many students make their name while they are still studying and this is a hallmark the Institute is proud of.
The Institute of Music is ranked as a world’s top 100 music school in the 2018 and 2019 QS World University Rankings By Subject. The music school is acknowledged as one of Asia’s leading music schools and it actively collaborates with leading musicians, music schools and conservatories around the world. This distinction complements the Institute’s efforts to promote music via social engagement. World-class concerts are held each year and the public is invited for these events, often at no charge.
Established in 1990, the Institute of Music is an independent unit of UCSI University which enjoys the autonomy to chart its own course and expansion. Get in touch with us to find out more about our music courses.
To be the leading music institute in the region
- To produce leaders and competent practitioners for the music profession
- To deliver a comprehensive curriculum through a team of dedicated staff of the highest caliber
- To provide a conducive environment for a holistic and artistic growth for both staff and students
- To be a leader in music education and musical culture in the region
- To foster global exchange of musical knowledge and scholarship through international collaborations