|Approval Code||R2/581/6/0033; 01/2021|
|Subject Area||Interior Architecture|
|Course Duration||3.5 Years|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January and July|
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Interior Architecture offered at UCSI University is a full time 3.5 year fully accredited degree programme governed by the Council of Architectural Accreditation & Education of Malaysia (CAAEM). The programme gears its students towards the future of being thinkers rather than just doers; ‘think-and-do-tanks’ that addresses human needs on a variety of scales. This will enable students to engage with current public expectations of interior architecture practice with the adaptive and increasingly complex and ever changing demands of design and current trends from the industry.
Various electives courses are introduced in the degree programme where interior architecture and environmental skills are developed through lecture, studio presentations and workshop based projects. Theoretical and technological studies offered in the elective programme explore the use and experience of interiors in various ways.
Elective/Option courses are introduced in the degree programme in order for students to obtain exposure in a selected field of interest :
- Concept Design
- Digital Architecture
- Set & Exhibit Design
- Furniture Design & Workshop
- Advertising and Promotion for Designers
- Experiencing Culture
- Subject to School discretion and credit transfer after reviewing transcript, syllabus description & portfolio.
- Max. 30% credits transfer as per MOHE ruling
All applicant must pass Art Education/ Engineering Drawing/ related subject at SPM/O level / equivalent
Pass Portfolio Review in replacement of art subject if applicable.
The general requirement applied to both local and foreigner applicant.
** Faculty reserve the right to request interview if deemed necessary. This apply to both local and foreigner.
Graduates will be able to gain professional working experience in:
- Interior Design & Architectural Firm
- Developer Firm
- Film and Television Organisation
- Construction Firm
Graduates may also venture into other fields of expertise, such as:
- Interior Architect/Designer/Consultant
- Project Manager
- Environmental & Theme Park Design
- Residential Design
- Hospitality & Healthcare Design
- Technical Assistant / Draftsperson
- Site Supervisor
- Lighting & Furniture Design
- Retail & Commercial Design
- Stage, Set & Exhibit Design
Opportunities also exist in support areas including:
- Building Product Marketing & Promotion
- Building Industry Resource-Supplier
- Facilities Management & Development
- 3-D Visualiser
- Minor: Concept Design & Visual Arts 1 (MPU-U2)
- Minor: Concept Design & Visual Arts 2 (MPU-U2)
- Minor: Furniture Design Workshop 1 (MPU-U2)
- Minor: Furniture Design Workshop 2 (MPU-U2)
- Minor: Experiencing Culture 1 (MPU-U4)
- Minor: Experiencing Culture 2 (MPU-U4)
- Minor: Advertising & Promotion 1 (MPU-U4)
- Minor: Advertising & Promotion 2 (MPU-U4)
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
International Degree Pathway (IDP) via Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Interior Architecture
|BA (Hons) Interior Architecture||2+1.5 / 1+2||Middlesex University||United Kingdom||£ 9250|
|BA (Hons) Interior Architecture and Design||1+2 / 2+1||University of Hertfordshire||United Kingdom||£ 12,350|
For enquiry, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +603 9101 8880 ext 2066.