|Approval Code||R2/581/6/0033; 08/2020|
|Subject Area||Interior Architecture|
|Course Duration||3.5 Years|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January and July|
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Interior Architecture offered at UCSI University is a full time 3.5 year fully accredited degree programme governed by the Council of Architectural Accreditation & Education of Malaysia (CAAEM). The programme gears its students towards the future of being thinkers rather than just doers; ‘think-and-do-tanks’ that addresses human needs on a variety of scales. This will enable students to engage with current public expectations of interior architecture practice with the adaptive and increasingly complex and ever changing demands of design and current trends from the industry.
Various electives courses are introduced in the degree programme where interior architecture and environmental skills are developed through lecture, studio presentations and workshop based projects. Theoretical and technological studies offered in the elective programme explore the use and experience of interiors in various ways.
Elective/Option courses are introduced in the degree programme in order for students to obtain exposure in a selected field of interest :
- Concept Design
- Digital Architecture
- Set & Exhibit Design
- Furniture Design & Workshop
- Advertising and Promotion for Designers
- Experiencing Culture
- Subject to School discretion and credit transfer after reviewing transcript, syllabus description & portfolio.
- Max. 30% credits transfer as per MOHE ruling
All applicants must pass Art Education/ Engineering Drawing/ related subject at SPM/O-Level / equivalent
Pass Portfolio Review in replacement of art subject if applicable.
The general requirement applies to both local and foreign applicants.
** The Faculty reserves the right to request an interview if deemed necessary. This applies to both locals and foreigners.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level: Minimum Credit – 'C' grade
UEC: Minimum Credit – 'B6' grade
'A' Levels: Minimum Pass – 'D' grade
English Language Requirements
English language competency requirements are as follows: B+ in SPM English Language subject; or C in SPM English Language 1119/ O-Level / IGCSE; or minimum A2 in UEC English Language; or Band 3 in MUET.
In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
English language competency requirements are as follows: 5.0 in IELTS; or minimum score of 42 in TOEFL IBT; or minimum score of 47 in Pearson Test of English or minimum score of 154 in Cambridge English Qualifications and Tests or Band 3 in MUET.
International applicants who do not meet the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement will need to improve their proficiency by enrolling into the English for Tertiary Education programme (R/KJP/00920-00929) which helps them prepare for attaining a required band score. Placement into the various levels of the English for Tertiary Education programme depends on the English Language qualification students have at the point of admission and/or the outcome of the English Placement Test.
**The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking the additional English proficiency courses.
Graduates will be able to gain professional working experience in:
- Interior Design & Architectural Firm
- Developer Firm
- Film and Television Organisation
- Construction Firm
Graduates may also venture into other fields of expertise, such as:
- Interior Architect/Designer/Consultant
- Project Manager
- Environmental & Theme Park Design
- Residential Design
- Hospitality & Healthcare Design
- Technical Assistant / Draftsperson
- Site Supervisor
- Lighting & Furniture Design
- Retail & Commercial Design
- Stage, Set & Exhibit Design
Opportunities also exist in support areas including:
- Building Product Marketing & Promotion
- Building Industry Resource-Supplier
- Facilities Management & Development
- 3-D Visualiser
- Interior Architecture Design 1
- Design Communication 1
- Interior Architecture Technology 1
- Interior Architecture History 1
- Professional Communication
- Interior Architecture Design 2
- Design Communication 2
- Interior Architecture Technology 2
- Interior Architecture History 2
- Architectural Digital Media 1
- Interior Architecture Design 3
- Interior Architecture Technology 3
- Interior Architecture History 3
- Architectural Digital Media 2
- Communication & Visualisation
- Minor 1**
- Interior Architecture Design 4
- Interior Architecture Technology 4
- Theories of Interior Architecture
- Interior Architecture Management
- Minor 2**
- Interior Architecture Design 5
- Interior Architecture Practice
- Design Report
- Building Science 1
- Minor 3**
- 6-month Professional Interior Internship
- Interior Architecture Design 6
- Interior Architecture Contract & Law
- Building Science 2
- Minor 4**
- Minor: Concept Design & Visual Arts 1
- Minor: Concept Design & Visual Arts 2
- Minor: Furniture Design Workshop 1
- Minor: Furniture Design Workshop 2
- Minor: Experiencing Culture 1
- Minor: Experiencing Culture 2
- Minor: Advertising & Promotion 1
- Minor: Advertising & Promotion 2
- Ethnic Relations
- Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 3
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
International Degree Pathway (IDP) via Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Interior Architecture
|BA (Hons) Interior Architecture||2+1.5 / 1+2||Middlesex University||United Kingdom||£ 9250|
|BA (Hons) Interior Architecture and Design||1+2 / 2+1||University of Hertfordshire||United Kingdom||£ 12,350|
For enquiry, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at +603 9101 8880 ext 2066.