|Approval Code||R2/345/6/0449; 04/2024|
|Accreditation Code||A 9777|
|Course Duration||3 Years (14 weeks per semester, 7 weeks per short semester)|
|Intakes||January, May and September (Kuching Campus only)|
UCSI University’s BA (Hons) in Commerce is a 3-year programme that equips you with operational, supervisory and managerial knowledge and skills, required for modern management of business industry. It covers a wide range of areas from management, sales & marketing, public relation, retailing to human resource management.
The assessment includes a combination of examinations, projects and assignments, and finally a requirement to complete a dissertation in an Independent Project in the final year. Students will acquire up-to-date vocational skills that are relevant and competitive.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
A-Level principal – 'A' to 'E'
English Language RequirementsFor Local Students (Diploma and Degree)
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum grade of B+ in SPM English Language; or a minimum grade of C in SPM English Language 1119/O-Level English/IGCSE; or a minimum grade of A2 in UEC English language; or minimum Band 3 of MUET.
- In the event that the English language requirements are not met, applicants will be required to take the Basic English and English Foundation for in-sessional academic enhancement concurrently with the programme.
- English language competency requirements are as follows: Minimum Band 3 of MUET (Malaysian University English Test); or a minimum band score of 5.0 in IELTS (5.5 band score for BA (Hons) Commerce programme); or a minimum score of 42 in TOEFL IBT; or a minimum score of 47 in PTE (Pearson Test of English); or a minimum score of 154 in Cambridge English Qualifications and Test.
- International applicants who do not meet the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement will need to improve their proficiency by enrolling into the English for Tertiary Education programme (R/KJP/00920-00920) which helps them prepare for attaining a required band score. Placement into the various levels of the English for Tertiary Education programme depends on the English Language qualification students have at the point of admission and / or the outcome of the English Placement Test.
- The applicants who have met the respective academic programme’s English Language Requirement may be advised by Faculty to improve their proficiency by undertaking the additional English proficiency courses.
- General Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Banking and Business Manager
- Retail Manager
- Strategic Business Planner
- Management Executive
- Operation Manager
- Business Consultant
- Financial Accounting
- Marketing Management
- Business Mathematics
- University Life (MPU-U2)
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience 1 (MPU-U4)
- Business Communication
- Business Statistics
- Introduction to Management and Organisation Theory
- Malaysian Ethnic Food (MPU-U3)
- Management Accounting
- Business Law
- Management Information System
- Business Research Method
- Electronic Commerce
- Corporate Finance
- Operation Management
- Organisation Behaviour
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience 2 (MPU-U4)
- Relationship Marketing
- Human Resource Management
- Cross Cultural Studies
- Web Design
- Co-operative Placement I
- Elective : Choose One
- Japanese Language
- German Language
- Mandarin Language
- Korean Language
- Strategic Management
- Merchandise Management
- Independent Project A
- Retail Technology and Operations
- International Trade Strategies
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience 3 (MPU-U4)
- Introduction to Retail and Service Management
- Logistics Management
- Independent Project B
- Services Marketing
- Business Analysis and System Development
- Co-operative Placement 2
General Courses (MPU) are compulsory for all students.
- Ethnic Relations
- Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 3
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
BA (Hons) Accounting – exempted from 6 papers out of 12 papers
BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance – exempted from 6 papers out of 12 papers
Complete 6 levels to become a Chartered Fellow