|Approval Code||R2/345/6/1042; 12/2022|
|Accreditation Code||A 8248|
|Subject Area||Logistics Management|
|Course Duration||3 Years (6 long semesters, 3 short semesters) / (14 weeks per semester, 7 weeks per short semester)|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
Logistics management has become increasingly signiﬁcant in businesses today and has evolved in many ways to become a forefront strategic operations tool that propels business operations to greater heights. The demand for world-class logistics expertise, particularly in manufacturing and external trade, cannot be overstated.
Thus, our experienced academicians and industrial practitioners have specially designed this programme with specialised courses in the areas of supply chain management, maritime transport and business statistics, to name a few, to provide hands-on and conceptual knowledge in a highly interactive setting to students.
The course assessment outlines a combination of examinations, projects and assignments, including an independent project dissertation in the ﬁnal year. Students will be furnished with the relevant vocational skills that endorse the spirit of competitiveness, which in turn will reinforce their continual thirst for professional development.
Case studies focusing on logistics operations merged with other relevant business skills such as accounting, ﬁnance and communication will equip students with extensive understanding to face the complex and challenging frontiers of logistics management.
The assessment includes a combination of examinations, projects and assignments, and finally a requirement to complete a dissertation in Independent Project in the final year. Students will acquire up-to-date vocational skills that are relevant and competitive. This reflects the complex and challenging nature of the accounting, finance and business realms.
Note (Source: Surat Pekeliling MQA Bil 2/2016) :
The terms of passing in Mathematics and English at SPM level for the candidate with STPM or STAM qualification can be exempted if the candidate obtained Mathematics and English and its achievement is equivalent or higher than the required pass of the aforesaid courses at the SPM level.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS minimum Band 5.5
- TOEFL (Internet-based) minimum 46
- Cambridge English Qualification and Test minimum score of 160
- Pearson Test of English minimum score 51
- MUET minimum Band 3
- Applicants who have studied at least one year in a programme at an Institution of Higher Learning with minimum overall CGPA of 2.00 / average percentage of 50% where English is the medium of instruction. Applicants must produce a verification letter from the Institute of Higher Learning confirming the medium used in the delivery of the programme was in English can be exempted from the English language requirements stated above.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of Department to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
'A' Levels principal – 'A' to 'E'
Logistics management is a rapidly expanding function as many corporations today acknowledge and attribute its value to their overall success in this competitive business environment. Graduates may pursue careers in the transport and logistics sector including:
- Air freight
- Freight forwarding
- Postal services
- Road haulage
- Storage and warehousing
- Sea freight
- Introduction to Logistics Management
- Fundamentals of Management
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Business Information System
- Business Accounting
- Organisational Behaviour
- Business Law
- University Life (MPU-U2)
- Business Law – Malaysian Perspective (MPU-U3)
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 1 (MPU-U4)
- Co-Operative Placement 1
- Introduction to Industrial Management
- Operations Management
- Air Transportation Management
- Land Transportation Management
- Managing People
- Statistics and Its Application
- Financial Management
- Maritime Transport
- Quantitative Method for Logistician
- Warehousing Management
- Business Research Methods
- IT Application in Logistics Operations
- Industrial Relations
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 2 (MPU-U4)
- Co-Operative Placement 2
- Final Year Project A
- International Business
- Operations Research
- Business Supply Chain Management
- Strategic Logistics Management
- Final Year Project B
- Logistics Project Management
- Materials Management
- Strategic Distribution Management
- Export Management and Practice
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 3 (MPU-U4)
- Co-Operative Placement 3
- Ethnic Relations
- Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 3
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
Full exemption for the professional qualifying examination
International Degree Pathway (IDP) via BA (Hons) Logistics Management
|BA (Hons) Logistics & Supply Chain Management||2+1||Northumbria University||United Kingdom||£ 12500|
For enquiry, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at +603 9101 8880 ext 2066.