|Approval Code||R2/345/6/0489; 04/2024|
|Accreditation Code||A 9800|
|Subject Area||Oil and Gas Management|
|Course Duration||3 Years|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
The Bachelor of Business Administration in Oil & Gas Management is in fact, the first-of-a-kind programme in Malaysia that addresses Oil and Gas from the business administration and management perspective. Adding to the uniqueness of this three-year programme is the incorporation of three, 2-month Co-operative / internship placements for each year of study.
The curriculum is structured to provide students with the fundamentals of business, accounting, human resource and economics. It exposes students to both the theories and practices of this dynamic field even during the first year of the programme. The second and third years of the programme feature courses that are specifically-tailored to fit the needs of the Oil and Gas business and industries. Important topics on labour law, introduction to the oil and gas industry, international economics, marketing, strategic management, econometrics analysis as well as the essentials of quantitative systems and business applied in oil and gas have been developed by educators and field experts to provide a distinctive learning experience for students. Learning outcomes are complemented by the inclusion of an independent final year project.
The programme is offered only through full time mode of study, and designed for completion over three years. Each year is made of three semesters (two main semesters and one short semester). The two full semesters are January to April and May to August and each runs for a duration of 14 weeks. On the other hand, the short semester is broken into two sessions each of two months; September-October and November-December. During the September-October session, the student will have the option to take a light load consisting of two to three courses. On the other hand, a student who completed 80% of a particular academic year will be eligible to enrol the co-operative placement (industrial training). Students can apply for Co-op exemption if they have working experience. Upon the completion of the programme, the graduates will receive a BBA (Hons.) specialised in (Oil & Gas Management).
Lectures, Tutorials, Case-Study and undergraduate thesis Research.
Note (Source: Surat Pekeliling MQA Bil 2/2016) :
The terms of passing in Mathematics and English at SPM level for the candidate with STPM or STAM qualification can be exempted if the candidate obtained Mathematics and English and its achievement is equivalent or higher than the required pass of the aforesaid courses at the SPM level.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS minimum Band 5.5
- TOEFL (Internet-based) minimum 46
- Cambridge English Qualification and Test minimum score of 160
- Pearson Test of English minimum score 51
- MUET minimum Band 3
- Applicants who have studied at least one year in a programme at an Institution of Higher Learning with minimum overall CGPA of 2.00 / average percentage of 50% where English is the medium of instruction. Applicants must produce a verification letter from the Institute of Higher Learning confirming the medium used in the delivery of the programme was in English can be exempted from the English language requirements stated above.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of Department to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
'A' Levels principal – 'A' to 'E'
The Faculty of Business & Information Science develops both academic understanding and practical skills required for career development in various industrial and energy sectors.
Nowadays, the Oil and Gas Industry is growing at a rapid pace globally; graduates from this faculty are expected to join the industry as administrators or managers in the field of science, mineral resources and related areas. Opportunities also exist in support areas, including the general economy, international marketing and international business. Graduates in this field can work with either, local or international Oil and Gas corporations as negotiators, brokers and advisors.
- Principles of Economics
- Business Accounting
- Statistics and Its Application
- Fundamentals for Oil and Gas Industry
- Business Mathematics
- Introduction to Management and Organisational Theory
- Human Resource Management
- Oil Industry Health, Safety and Environment Management
- Technical & Business Communication for Oil and Gas Industry
- Organisational Behaviour
- University Life (MPU-U2)
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 1 (MPU-U4)
- Co-operative Placement 1
- Business Research Method
- Organisational Accounting
- Operations and Material Management
- Labour Law
- Business Information System
- Oil and Gas Economic
- Valuation and Risk Analysis of Oil and Gas Assets
- International Commercial Law
- International Economics
- Trading Oil in International Market
- Religions in Malaysia (MPU-U3)
- Co-operative Placement 2
- Entrepreneurial Management
- Oil and Gas International Accounting
- Supply Chain Management for Oil and Gas Business
- Independent Project A
- Financial Management
- Econometrics Analysis
- Strategic Management
- Oil and Gas Project and Operations Management
- Independent Project (B)
- International Marketing Strategy
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 3 (MPU-U4)
- Co-operative Placement 3
- Ethnic Relations
- Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 3
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.