|Approval Code||R2/481/6/0290; 10/2023|
|Accreditation Code||A 9516|
|Course Duration||3 Years (14 weeks per semester, 7 weeks per short semester)|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
This programme enables students to be provided with comprehensive knowledge and practical skills in the rapidly growing arena of mobile commerce and computing, through exposure to mobile computing architecture-related courses. The curriculum consists of the latest advances in mobile applications, mobile networking technologies and standards, applicable for devices such as PDAs and Smart Mobile devices.
Each semester, the core content of the syllabus is subject to 10% alteration with the purpose of incorporating new developments and changes in technology into all computing courses. The 3-year programme aims to provide in-depth understanding on the principles of networked systems, and key operational and technical aspects that are necessary for current applications, thus enabling students to absorb the fundamental concepts of computing and borderless computer systems. Students of this programme should aim to master the relevant industry skills such as analysis and design, programming, software building and maintenance of new developments.
The Faculty constantly collaborate with industry advisory partners and stakeholders, such as Apple, RICOH and Oracle, who contribute constructive input every year to improve the programme. Generally, industry collaboration provides students with the opportunity to be awarded with professional certificates and enhances their industrial experience, thus increasing their employability. To date, our students are guaranteed co-operative placements with a total of 112 companies every year.
Throughout their studies, students are encouraged to participate in numerous research activities utilising the university’s research and development laboratory that is equipped with the latest technology devices and computers. A comprehensive networking and wireless networking laboratory was also built specifically for computing and mobile computing students to garner industry experience in managing diverse network environments. This way, our students are exposed to a wide variety of technology-based platforms.
Coursework percentage and written examination percentage.
- Principal(C) in Mathematics at STPM / A-Level, or
- Credit(C) in Additional Mathematics at SPM / O-Level
- Principal(E) in Mathematics at STPM/A-Level, or
- Credit(C) in Additional Mathematics at SPM/O-Level
Diploma in Science & Technology
Note (Source: Surat Pekeliling MQA Bil 1/2016 & MQA Bil 2/2016):
- The terms of credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level for the candidate with STPM, STAM, Diploma or Matriculation/Foundation qualification can be exempted if the candidate obtained Mathematics and its achievement is equivalent or higher than the required credit of Additional Mathematics at the SPM level.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
'A' Levels principal – 'A' to 'E'
In the world of computing, qualified graduates with the appropriate skills and aptitude are high in demand. Our graduates are qualified to pursue the following positions:
- Software Engineers
- System Analysts
- Database Developers
- Database Administrators
- Network Administrators
- Web Developers
- Computer Games Developers
- IT Consultants
- Artificial Intelligence Specialists
- IT Support Engineers
- Discrete Mathematics
- Java Programming 1
- Object-Oriented Modelling 1
- Database Management System
- Java Programming 2
- Introduction to Internet Technologies
- Database Administration
- Computer Organisation and Architecture
- Data Structure & Algorithms
- Research Methods in Computing
- University Life (MPU-U2)
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 1 (MPU-U4)
- Co-operative Placement 1
- Visual Basic.Net
- Object-Oriented Modelling 2
- Operating Systems
- Database Design
- Software Project Management
- Multimedia Programming
- Business System Development Tools
- Introduction to Human Computer Interaction
- Business Law - Malaysian Perspective (MPU-U3) / Other equivalent courses in (MPU-U3)
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 2 (MPU-U4)
- Co-operative Placement 2
- Programming Models
- Database Technology
- Object Oriented Methods
- Project Formulation
- Java Web Programming
- Network Security Design
- Project Design & Implementation
- Business Case Project
- Intelligent Systems
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 3 (MPU-U4)
- Co-operative Placement 3
- Ethnic Relations
- Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 3
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
International Degree Pathway (IDP) via BSc (Hons) Computing
|Bachelor of Science (Hons) Information Technology||2+1 / 1+2||Middlesex University||United Kingdom||£ 13,700|
|Bachelor of Computer Science||1.5 + 1.5||University of Queensland||Australia||AUD 45,120|
|Bachelor of Science (Hons) Information Technology||2+1||University of the West of England, Bristol||United Kingdom||£ 13,000|
For enquiry, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at +603 9101 8880 ext 2066.