|Approval Code||R2/840/4/0010; 12/2022|
|Accreditation Code||A 8654|
|Subject Area||Logistics Management|
|Course Duration||2 Years (5 long semesters, 2 short semesters) / (14 weeks per semester, 7 weeks per short semester)|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
Logistics is defined as the procurement, maintenance and punctual transportation of materials to the right place at minimum cost. At the heart of any economy are healthy industrial and service sectors. However, merely producing products without taking into account the process involved is insufficient, as ideally, they should be affordable, efficiently handled, stored, maintained and distributed before being sold. Hence, successful analysis and implementation of logistics services is the key to adding value for customers.
This programme aims to link and synchronise the marketplace, transportation systems, distribution network, as well as the manufacturing processes together effectively to ensure that services meet customer satisfaction. In a nutshell, this programme presents a broad view of logistics acquired through a combination of examinations, projects, coursework, industrial attachments and a dissertation in the final year.
Students learn the relevant academic and vocational logistics management principles, skills and knowledge through innovative teaching and learning methodologies. With this, students are not only able to perform effectively and efficiently within a variety of contemporary logistics environments, but are also properly equipped to face the numerous dynamic challenges in local and global industries.
The assessment includes a combination of examinations, projects and assignments. Students will acquire up-to-date vocational skills that are relevant and competitive. This reflects the complex and challenging nature of the accounting, finance and business realms.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS minimum Band 5.0
- TOEFL (Internet-based) minimum 42
- Cambridge English Qualification and Test minimum score of 154
- Pearson Test of English minimum score 47
- MUET minimum Band 3
- Applicants who have studied at least one year in a programme at an Institution of Higher Learning with minimum overall CGPA of 2.00 / average percentage of 50% where English is the medium of instruction. Applicants must produce a verification letter from the Institute of Higher Learning confirming the medium used in the delivery of the programme was in English.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of Department to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
'A' Levels principal – 'A' to 'E'
Given the robust nature of the Malaysian economy, our graduates are able to find abundant employment opportunities in various fields, such as the following:
Purchasing, materials management and production.
Customer service centres and supplier support.
- Logistics Service:
Warehousing and supply chain management. Well-known companies in these fields include Kontena Nasional, PKT Logistics and MISC Bhd.
- Basic English
- English Foundation
- Business Ethics
- Fundamental of Management
- Introduction to Logistics Studies
- Entrepreneurship (Diploma)
- Introduction to Statistics
- Principles of Accounting
- Inventory Management
- Introduction to Information Technology (Diploma)
- Business Law – Malaysian Perspective (MPU-U3)
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 1 (MPU-U4)
- Co-Operative Placement 1
- Transportation System Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Warehouse Management
- Logistics Organisation
- Basics And Practices of Marketing
- Introduction to Internet Technologies (Diploma)
- Global Commercial Shipping
- Organisational Behaviour (Diploma)
- Financial Accounting (Diploma)
- Logistics Business Strategy & Planning
- Issues in Logistics Industry
- Business Communication for (Diploma) (MPU-U2)
- Extracurricular Learning Experience 2 (MPU-U4)
- Co-Operative Placement 2
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 2
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
Full exemption for the professional qualifying examination