The Faculty of Engineering Technology and Built Environment (FETBE) came into existence in 2007 as a result of a synergetic merger between the School of Engineering and the School of Architecture and Built Environment, which were established in 1992 and 2005, respectively.
Supported by decades of accumulated experience in the education and industrial sectors, the faculty has evolved rapidly to become one of the most prestigious and innovative providers of engineering courses and architecture courses, not only in Malaysia but throughout the region. Notably, the faculty oﬀers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes that have gained national and international recognition.
One of the many attractive features that distinguishes the FETBE at UCSI University from conventional programmes is the exceptional learning and teaching environment it provides – all supported by its very own custom-built campus that includes state-of-the-art educational and recreational facilities.
Its philosophy envisages the creation of an entirely new system of engineering and architecture courses that supports diversity and integration between programmes. To exemplify such diversity, the faculty oﬀers a comprehensive range of postgraduate, undergraduate degrees and diploma programmes in the following engineering and Built Environment areas: Architecture Courses, Interior Design Courses, Quantity Surveyor Course, Petroleum Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Communication and Electronic Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering. On the other hand, in an eﬀort to create a culture of innovation, the faculty also provides its scholars with key integrations for major-minor specialisations, postgraduate studies and research.
The faculty recently introduced the artificial intelligence course. The Ai course complements other engineering courses to help students be future-ready in embracing the trends set by Industry 4.0.
- To continuously develop high quality learning experiences for students through a strong curriculum linked with strategic industry partners.
- To provide students with meaningful and relevant industrial experience to promotes excellence in engineering and built environment education.
- To continuously explore the potentials for programme growth to meet industry needs
- To provide continuous professional development opportunities for staff to generate growth in teaching expertise and research.
To be a faculty renowned for its quality of education and research, both nationally and internationally
- To produce employable graduates with high ethical standards capable of contributing meaningful efforts to the development of their profession to benefit their families, society and country as a whole;
- To promote quality education through continuous development of scholarship in teaching and learning; and
- To develop a faculty culture that passionately pursues new knowledge through research and innovation.