|Approval Code||R2/214/6/0066; 04/2023|
|Accreditation Code||A 8551|
|Subject Area||Fashion Design with Marketing|
|Course Duration||3 Years|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
The fashion industry now goes beyond its’ traditional associations. Style, culture and self-expression prevail in every facet of daily life. The global fashion market demands more strategic planning, innovations, better product designs and inventive marketing concepts. The speed of delivery, quality of production and creativity in design are also critical aspects of this new technology-driven industry. Market intelligence, fashion trend forecasting, plus the fundamentals of business and marketing management are invaluable areas necessary to keep fashion fresh, alive and up-to-the-minute. This course is designed to prepare graduates to meet these demands. Throughout this course, students will experience the ‘workings’ of the world of fashion design, from concept to manufacturing, and the branding and marketing of the end product.
This programme combines 75% ‘hands-on’ skills directed towards fashion design, illustration, textiles, pattern cutting and garment construction, and 25% marketing skills. This is designed to enable the student to experiment with original design concepts and equip them with market intelligence skills. They will be able to communicate, brand and focus their designs towards identified markets. This ultimately will facilitate multiple career opportunities within the fashion industry.
The Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Fashion Design with Marketing graduate will be a versatile fashion specialist with the ability to professionally:
- Apply logical, critical and creative thinking to a range of problems
- Commit to ethical action and social responsibility
- Communicate effectively
- Apply an international perspective to their profession
- Demonstrate a practical, strategic and operational understanding of the discipline as a whole
The fashion student will be involved in creating their own signature collection including research, designing, patterning, sourcing of fabrics, manufacturing, branding and promoting. These final collections will be showcased in the Degree Graduation Fashion Show. Fashion industry associates will be invited to attend and view students’ work, with view to providing opportunities for immediate employment.
*Equivalency of qualification in accordance to Malaysian Qualification Agency Standards
- IELTS minimum Band 5.0
- TOEFL (Paper based) minimum score 500
- TOEFL (Internet based) minimum score 40
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) minimum score 180
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) minimum score 180
- Pearson Test of English minimum score 42
- MUET minimum Band 3
- In the event that the English Language Requirements are not met, student may be required to undertake additional English module(s) prior to or concurrently with the undergraduate programme, based on the University’s decision.
International students holding equivalent academic qualifications but which are not conducted in English, are required to sit for the English Placement Test, which may result in the taking of the Certificate in English programme (1 to 10 months). Students who intend to pursue the above undergraduate programme directly, are advised to fulfil the above English requirements prior to commencing their studies at the University.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
'A' Levels principal – 'A' to 'E'
Career opportunities in the world of fashion are manifold and growing. It is a huge, exciting and glamorous industry with enticing monetary rewards.
Graduates will ﬁnd employment opportunities as:
- Pattern Cutters
- Fashion Buyers
- Pattern Graders
- Specialist Cutters
- Fashion Designers
- Fashion Entrepreneurs
- Fashion Merchandisers
- Bespoke / Production Tailors
- Apparel / Garment Production Managers
- Fashion Illustration and Design Communication
- Garment Construction and Fashion Sewing
- Art History
- Visual Communication
- Life Drawing
- Integrated Marketing Communication in Fashion
- History of Fashion
- Creative Cutting
- Design Development and Portfolio
- Extra-curricular Learning Experiences 1 (MPU-U4)
- University Life (MPU-U2)
- Fundamentals of Management
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Co-operative Placement 1
- Customer Communication
- Fabric and Functions
- Industry Brief 1 - Production and Realisation
- Industry Brief 1 - Research and Design Presentation
- Extra-curricular Learning Experiences 2 (MPU-U4)
- Business Modeling with Spreadsheet
- Industry Brief 2 - Production and Realisation
- Industry Brief 2 - Research and Design Presentation
- Sculpting with Fabric
- Comparative Religion (MPU-U3)
- Co-operative Placement 2
- Fashion Retailing
- Creative Fashion Presentations
- Industrial Design and Manufacture
- Final Major Project - Research, Idea Development and Rationale
- Men’s Wear - Tailoring Manufacture and Styling
- Extra-curricular Learning Experiences 3 (MPU-U4)
- Fashion Show Production - Collaborative Project
- Corsetry Construction Techniques
- Final Major Project - Portfolio and Dissertation
- The Digital Fashion Image
- Final Major Project - Realisation and Manufacture
- Co-operative Placement 3
- Ethnic Relations
- Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
- Malaysian Studies
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 3
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
International Degree Pathway (IDP) via BA (Hons) Fashion Design with Marketing
|BA (Hons) Fashion Design||2+1 / 1+2||Middlesex University||United Kingdom||£ 12500|
|BA (Hons) Fashion Design / Fashion (Footwear & Accessories) / Fashion (Textiles for Fashion)||2+1||University of Northampton||United Kingdom||£ 10700|
|BA (Hons) Fashion Design with Marketing & Production / Fashion & Textiles Buying Management / Fashion Communication & Promotion||1+2||University of Huddersfield||United Kingdom||£ 13000|
|BA (Hons) Fashion and Fashion Business||2+1||University of Hertfordshire||United Kingdom||£ 12,350|
|BA (Hons) Fashion Design||2+1||University of Hertfordshire||United Kingdom||£ 12,350|
|BA (Hons) Fashion Design|
(Depending on the outcome of portfolio review)
|2+1||Middlesex University||United Kingdom||£ 9,250|
For enquiry, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at +603 9101 8880 ext 2066.