Faculty/Department: Faculty of Social Sciences and Liberal Arts
Campus: Kuala Lumpur
The Faculty of Social Sciences & Liberal Arts (FOSSLA) offers programmes at the undergraduate and postgraduate degree levels in the disciplines of Mass Communication, Psychology, English Language & Communication, and Education. Our programmes combine theory and practice and students apply their knowledge and skills in practicums, industry projects and cooperative learning attachments every year. Our vibrant, dedicated and creative team of faculty members are committed to innovation and excellence in teaching and research. Various innovative methodologies and pedagogies with a student-centred approach are adopted such as problem-based learning, experiential learning, social learning and the flipped classroom.
- The position requires a commitment to teaching, programme administration, as well as conducting research and scholarly activities.
- You will oversee the entire operation of the Department both academically and administratively.
- You will oversee the running of any franchised or twinning programs in the Department.
- You will oversee the delivery of subjects (course) delivered by the Department.
- You will collaborate with the Dean to achieve academic and operational goals.
- You will collaborate with departmental staff to achieve academic and operational goals.
- You will collaborate with other entities within UCSI to foster a vibrant and productive university environment.
- You will recommend staff development (upgrading, recruiting, terminating etc.) to the Dean.
- You will prepare annual budget for the Department.
- You will assist in product development/ new linkage.
- You will assist the Dean in marketing and PR activities/ strategies.
- You will give guidance and leadership to the staff under your supervision.
- You will provide administrative support to the Dean.
- You will ensure that quality procedures are adhered by the staff under your supervision.
- You will perform any relevant duties which may be given to you by your supervisor from time to time.
- At least PhD holder in a relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years of teaching and leadership experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Pro-active and self-motivated, with the ability to work independently as well as participate within the team.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, possess a mature attitude, and be a good team player.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and abilities.