Faculty/Department: Computer Services Department
Campus: Kuala Lumpur
- Work closely with the Software Engineering team with responsibility for the following task:
- Responsible for developing programs for large Application Services in the Big Data and Data Warehouse space.
- In charge of executing data mapping and lineage strategy for the organization
- Translate business requirements to technology implementation.
- Work together with senior team members such as CIO, Faculty Dean & Professor, Business Analysts, QA, etc. to implement the development.
- Work on disparate data sets, carry out analysis of vast data stores and uncover insights.
- Responsible for future Hadoop development and implementation.
- Responsible for developing scalable and high‐performance web services for data tracking.
- Evaluate new decision-making dashboard technology options, recommending the adoption of the new dashboard and ETL technologies into the solution.
- Implementation of digitalization or automation.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Computer Science / Big Data Engineering.
- 2+ years experience designing and developing commercial-grade dashboard data modeling using tools like Grafana or Superset.
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources Oracle SQL, MSSQL, MySQL, PostgresSQL, and MongoDB.
- Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks, such as Pentaho, Stitch, or SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services)
- Relational Data modeling.
- Knowledge of web dashboard decision-making usability trends.
- Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ.
- Experience collaborating effectively with team members and partners in a distributed project environment.
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
- Analytical mindset: in addition to technical expertise, it is essential that applicants have the technical understanding to translate business requirements into efficient technical solutions
- Flexibility: IT is dynamic and rapidly changing, so employers often seek individuals with a proven record of working within a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Collaboration skills: Big Data Developers work with other developers, business analysts, ETL Architects, etc. Therefore, they must be comfortable working together with others within the functional units, external stakeholders, and client organizations
- Communication skills: It is important that big data developers can listen actively to understand client needs and business requirements, and communicate with them both verbally and in writing.
- Basic Knowledge of Microsoft .NET will be advantages
- Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies.
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment.
Desired Skills (Not essential but beneficial to have):
- Experience with Big Data ML toolkits, such as Mahout, SparkML, or H2O.
- Knowledge: Applicants for the job must possess experience in developing large scale enterprise applications for internal or external customers using Big Data open-source solutions such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, and Elastic Search
- Deep understanding of Agile principles, with experience in scrums, implementing user stories, writing designs, and delivering near-real-time applications. Applicants must also have capabilities using ETL, data quality, and data integration utilizing tools such as Informatica and Ab Initio.
Deadline: 30 Jun 2022 | Last Update: 11 Feb 2022