Faculty/Department: Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Arrange with MOH, HAAD and DHA Clinical / Work Placement Departments of Medical Education to get the approvals for the cohorts to be finalized before the beginning of each semester.
- Provide an orientation for the students to the clinical sites including schedules (days and hours), parking, evaluation methods, and overall responsibilities.
- Support faculty with the development and upgrade the objectives and competencies for clinical skills logbook and assessments.
- Review the student’s portfolio in order to tailor activities based upon their previous exposure, goals and expectations, or areas of deficiency.
- Identify and assign appropriate activities and projects that are in alignment with the objectives and competencies for the clinical rotation to enhance student learning.
- Monitor student progress to ensure stated objectives are adequately addressed and met.
- Serve as a role model and mentor for our health sciences student.
- Answer student questions and serve as a resource to enhance student understanding clinical related issues. Share his/her knowledge and skills with the student.
- Maintain student confidentiality.
- Facilitate and/or seek interactions with the management and other health care professionals of clinical practice sites.
- Assess student competence to identify strengths and address weaknesses. At a minimum, complete written and verbal mid- and final-rotation evaluations with the student to communicate student progress and address any areas of concern.
- Complete a final "student placement evaluation" and report any concerns or issues to faculty.
- Communicate with the Curriculum Leader and the Academic Chair with any concerns or questions regarding student progress as soon as issues arise.
- The Clinical Instructor should be aware at all times that his/her role is diffuse as manager/teacher/mentor. The clinical instructor should strive to stimulate the student’s interest in all aspects of clinical practice and encourage innovative thinking and approaches to practice.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess a Bachelor in Nursing.
- Posssess a Master in Nursing will be an additional advantage.
- Possess post basic in Critical Care Nursing.
Deadline: 01 Nov 2023 | Last Update: 25 Sep 2023