Faculty/Department: UCSI International School Sdn Bhd (Cheras, Kuala Lumpur)
Campus: Kuala Lumpur
- Teach between 28 – 30 periods per week; if teaching load is lower, other additional duties and/or responsibilities may be assigned, including. but not limited to, relief/cover for absent teachers, student supervision at break and lunch times, support for learning and additional CCAs. CCA will fall outside of the prescribed teaching periods and each teacher is required to offer and conduct at least 1 CCA.
- Provide a variety of learning experiences that actively engages students and are appropriate for their individual needs
- Develop year plans, unit plans, and lesson plans
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for learning activities
- Incorporate a variety of learning materials and resources
- Differentiate to meet students' varying needs
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment
- Use relevant technology to support instruction
- Observe and evaluate student's performance and development
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments
- Provide appropriate feedback on work
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely
- Support after school activities
- Perform any duties in supporting students, i.e. language support, remediation etc.
- Prepare required reports on students and activities
- Manage student behavior
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the expectations of the school
- Apply appropriate disciplinary measures where necessary
- Perform certain pastoral duties including but not limited to student support, counseling students with academic problems, and providing student encouragement
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs, and student organizations
- Attend and participate in faculty and parent meetings
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues, and parents regarding student progress and student needs
- Keep up to date with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods
- Take class attendance
- Participate in school camps and excursions
- Contribute to the academic and social life of the school
- Cover for absent colleagues
- Serve on school committees
- Participate in one after school activity per week
- Take responsibility for the creation and maintenance of a positive work environment
- Share resources for the benefit of the school programs
- Set a positive example for students
- Monitor student uniforms and appearance
- Ensure that activities provide a safe and positive environment
- Show respect for students, value their individual talents, differentiate according to their abilities, and create opportunities for success
- Maintain consistently high expectations for student achievement and behavior
- Ensure that school resources and property are used responsibly
- If requested, you will participate in marketing activities held by the school.
- You shall perform all other duties that may be assigned to you by your superior from time to time.
- Teaching one or more subjects at secondary level and organizing educational activities; plan and prepare lessons according to the prescribed / recommended curriculum; and teach relevant subjects as well as supervise schoolwork and student discipline.
- Must have at least Bachelor in Education or equivalent from a recognized overseas University with PGCE certification or equivalent.
- Must have experience in teaching Cambridge IGCSE with proven track record of good results. Must have experience teaching in an overseas international school.
- International teachers whose first language is in English and have completed a Post Graduate Degree in Education, a Bachelor Degree in Education, a Diploma in Teaching / Education or an equivalent in countries such as Canada, The US, Ireland, The UK, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa are invited to apply.
Deadline: 31 Dec 2022 | Last Update: 23 Jun 2022