Faculty/Department: UCSI Hotels Sdn Bhd
Campus: Kuala Lumpur
- Preparation of BEO- Banquet Event Orders and responsible to ensure they are issued and distributed in a timely manner.
- Prepare all administrative material such as proposals, contracts, change forms and all other inter-departmental forms accurately.
- Distribute Daily Events reports to ensure communication to all internal departments throughout hotel.
- Answer banquet and outdoor catering sales inquiries and routing them to appropriate sales manager for handling.
- Monitor all correspondence to ensure it meets with Hotel policy and procedures.
- Respond within 24 hours to any Group, checking space/rates in system and communicating to respective Manager for further follow up, assisting Sales/Asst Sales/ Banquet & Catering Executive)
- Work closely with F&B Department to ensure all aspects of the event have been cost effective and serviced both clients and hotel needs.
- Tour, inspect and monitor banquet rooms and presentations (to assist operations to raise IIS if needed)
- Respond to requests for proposals for small meetings / events including set-up, food and beverage needs, rooms and audio visual needs.
- Communicating client requirements in a timely and accurate manner to all internal departments as required, ensuring delivery of superior guest service.
- Ensure accurate follow up and communication both internally and to the guest / client.
- Ensure that Opera Sales and Catering / Other Banqueting software are updated daily for all event space bookings.
- Ensure that all accounts are properly updated in the banqueting system.
- Ensure there are enough sales kits available for any customer visit.
- Ensure feedback received from host / guests are passed on to all departments.
- Maintain a positive working relationship between all departments.
- Able to generate various reports from Banqueting systems and excel to track group and event revenue etc.
- Participate in daily business review meeting, sales meetings and management meetings.
- To possess basic knowledge in food cost & products available
- To be the hotel’s main contact person for internal events
- Manage duty rosters for payroll/to remind respective sections (kitchen, outlets, front desk, admin, housekeeping, stewarding etc) for submissions before stipulated deadlines.
- Manage Part Timers payment claims and submission
- Perform typing activities, e.g. monthly statistics and reports.
- File and retrieve departmental documents.
- Arrange appointment and answer phone calls.
- Perform administrative services, such as reply letters on guest enquiries and confirmation letters on banquet / function reservations.
- Ensure proper and efficient distribution of inter-departmental and external mail.
- Attend and take minutes in all meetings
- Any other job assigned by the management/General Manager such as taking minutes for meetings and setting datelines for various operational follow-ups
- Minimum SPM/STPM/Certificate/Diploma in Hospitality/Tourism Management
- At least 1 (one) year related working experience
- Well versed with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Possess good written and communication skills in Bahasa Malaysia and English.
- Good interpersonal, ability to prioritize workload & work within tight deadlines.
- Practice Integrity, Courtesy & well groomed at all times
Deadline: 31 Oct 2022 | Last Update: 09 Aug 2022